Chapter 20

Ariana's P.O.V.

I honestly was kind of nervous for Riley to meet my family. I know she'll make a good impression and my family will love her.

We got to my house, then we got out of the car and took down the luggage's.

"You ready?" I asked Riley.
I can tell she was nervous, she usually avoids eye contact and looks around usually when she's feeling uneasy. I've noticed that about her.
It's cute though.

"As ready as I'll ever be." She smiled.

Her smiled warmed my heart in ways that are unexplainable.

We reached the front door and I rang the door bell. Riley was looking around, taking in her surroundings.

Then the door opened and I saw my mom.

"Mom! I missed you!" I engulfed her into a hug.
"Ariana I missed you." She said back.

"Is this Riley?" She pulled away and looked at Riley.
"That's me." Riley smiled.
"It's so nice to finally meet you, I'm Joan. Ariana has been non stop talking about you." She pulled Riley into a hug.

Oh god. She wasn't suppose to embarrass me like that.

"She talks about me?" Riley chuckled a little looking at my mom.
"All the time. I never hear the end of it." They both laughed.
"Come in come in." My mom moved aside for us to go inside.

"Where's Nonna?" I asked.
"She's in the kitchen. Let's head over there right now." My mom waved over and started walking.

Riley and I just put our bags near the stairs. Riley looked like a giant compared to us. She's so tall.

I saw Nonna in the kitchen stirring something in the pot.
"Nonna!" I yelled, it kind of startled her.
She put her hand on her chest, "oh Ariana you nearly gave me a heart attack."

I gave her a tight hug.
"Nonna this is my close friend Riley." I introduced her to Riley.
"Riley this is my Nonna." I motioned her to my Nonna.

"It's a pleasure meeting you Mrs. Grande." Riley offered her hand to shake, but of course my Nonna declined it and pulled Riley into a hug.
"Oh you can call me Marjorie."
Riley chuckled.
"Riley you're one of Ariana's only girl friends that are tall." She chuckled, so did Riley.
"It's all in the genes." Riley replied.

"Where's Frankie?" I asked.
"Oh darling I don't know." Nonna shrugged.
"I want you to meet my brother." I looked at Riley.

Riley smiled, "me too."
Then I heard a "yay" in the distance. Then I saw Frankie slightly jog to me to give me a hug.

"Ah! Frankie!" I hugged him.
"I missed you so much sister."
"I missed you too." I replied with a big smile on my face.
Then he looked over at Riley, "who's this cute little friend you got?" He looked at Riley and back at me.

"Frankie, this is my close friend Riley. Riley this is Frankie." I introduced.

Frankie automatically gave him a hug.
"It's so nice to meet you!" Frankie said.
"It's nice to meet you too. I love your shoes, well your whole outfit. It's so colorful." Riley smiled.
"Aw thank you. You're such a cutie." Frankie smiled.