𝐯𝐢. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐭

Start from the beginning

She could speed away, but that'll mean she will expose herself to not only to the humans but to the Cullens. She didn't have time to decide as the van was seconds away from hitting her. 

The van crashed into the back of the truck, but she didn't feel anything except for her head hitting against the icy blacktop, and she felt something solid and cold pinning her to the ground. She was lying on the pavement behind the tan car Beau parked next to.

It had curled gratingly around the end of the truck and, still spinning and sliding, was about to collide with me again. Two long, white hands shot out protectively in front of her and the van shuddered to a stop a foot from her face, the large hands fitting providentially into a deep dent in the side of the van's body.

The hands moved like a fast blur and it was gripping under the body of the van. Something quickly dragged her legs preventing it to be squish by the van.

Immediate screams were filled in the air calling out Bella's name. But, shockingly she heard Edward Cullen's voice next to her.

"Bella? Are you alright?"

She didn't respond as she tried to sit up, but Edward kept her down. He was still holding her against his side, his body felt hard like iron. Her ears were now vibrating, but she could still hear fine.

"Be careful," he warns.

"I think you hit your head," he continues. He was right, but she'll most likely heal. She was now regretting not drinking a blood bag this morning. She felt extra weak right now. She feels more human than vampire right now.

"Ow," she mutters.

"That's what I thought," he sounded like he was suppressing his laughter.

Everything started to register as she looks up at him. He was nowhere near her, meaning he used his speed to get to her. Potentially exposing himself.

"Why would you do that?" Bella blurted out loud in disbelief. A puzzling look came across his face and he was now serious again, "what do you mean?"

"Why- why would you ex-" that's when she stopped at mid-sentence. She has totally forgotten that she knows that he's a vampire and she intends to keep it that way.

"Why would I what?" he asks with a skeptic look in his eyes.

"Get Tyler out of the van!" someone shouted.

Once again, she tried to sit up but Edward prevented her.

"Just stay put for now," he instructed.

"But it's cold," he let out a low chuckle under his breath. More like he's cold.

"What were you going to say earlier?" humor left his eyes now.

"Why would I what?" he repeats her question.

"Nothing. It was nothing," she quickly said trying to sound convincing.

By now they heard the sirens coming. Edward's sharp gaze was still looking at her. She had a feeling he wasn't letting this go.

"Will you tell me later." It wasn't a question.

"Fine," she huffs out. More time to come up with a lie.

It took six EMTs and two teachers - Mr. Varner and Coach Clapp - to shift the van far enough away from them to bring the stretchers in. Edward vehemently refused his, and she tried to do the same, but the traitor told them Bella hit her head and probably had a concussion. It looked like the entire school was there, watching soberly as they loaded her in the back of the ambulance. Edward got to ride in the front.