Prologue

I got out of my queen size bed, it’s a mistake I do every day… I always forget to put my top on my bed side table so then I wouldn’t have to feel the coldness when I get up. The soft carpet kept my comfort, it was soft, like a dog that gets washed and brushed every single day, even a perm.

I put my hands up in the air and stretched with a yawn. i cracked my knuckles, everyone at school hates it when I do that. I then went into my ensuite, that got messier and messier everyday.

I looked into the rounded mirror. My longish brown hair was all over the place, my abs look like they have grown, probably because I have been doing 50 kg weights everyday. I yanked off my pants and hopped into the shower, I didn’t seem to care if it was cold or hot, when being a vampire you don’t really realise the temperature, only when you get out of a warm bed.

After I had my shower I put on my light maroon shorts and my white tank top with a skull on it, and I also put on my white vans with green laces.

I walked down the wooden stairs, to see my two brothers in the lounge playing grand theft auto on our white X-Box 360. Nikey, who has blonde short hair and green eyes is a show off and is always flirting with girls, I suppose we all do. My other brother Nathan who is twins with Nikey has dark brown hair which is only 1 centimetre long, and is also a show off.

I went into the kitchen letting them play the X-Box and saw my oldest brother, Mitch. He is like our dad. I think about my parents everyday and how they died on the way back from there honey moon, they swerved past a big branch that was on the road and there was a truck coming the other way so the only option was to go off the cliff.

He has a shaved head and wore his smiley face jox’s, he turned around to pure hot water from the kettle into a blue mug. I saw his tattoo that was on his right shoulder saying F.I.L which means Family Is Life, all us brothers have one in the same spot.

He handed over the coffee then walked off, he’s always quiet, doesn’t like to talk much, he mainly keeps to himself.

I leaned against the island bench and daised out the window and saw a girl next door…