51. "He's my kryptonite."

Start from the beginning

Fleur may not have known how long they stayed, but Tyler felt that every step he would take would be parried by Jared. He sighed. Between now and Friday, he had to keep way away from everything. Jared's anger made him unpredictable and Tyler had no idea what the man would say or do.
Actually, he didn't know if he wanted to hear Jared's tortured words?
His body immediately revolted. It made it clear to him that he was wrong. Whatever Jared had to say, no matter how fleetingly he could see him and how much pain it caused him; He wanted to see, hear and feel it.

"Come on, let's go," BJ said after a long look at Tyler's tormented expression.
At the hotel, he changed his clothes for the training session. Rasheed had been waiting for him looking guilty, but Tyler addressed him directly: "This situation is not of your hand, Rasheed. This will occur again. Such things are inevitable."
"But he cares about you, Tyler," the man said, almost encumbered. "I've seen that before, when you told him about the man with the knife."
Tyler observed him thoughtfully. "I know he cared about me, Rasheed," he said softly. "But the pain and humiliation I'm delivering him now destroy any kind of sympathy he ever felt for me."
'It's strange how everything seemed to fit together so fluently," Tyler reflected, walking through the stairwell with BJ. 'Love, envy, mutual pain and now the inevitable farewell.'

In the gym there was a large floor mat.
"I wasn't able to rent the venue, but this is enough for today," BJ said. "Show me what you can do. Defend yourself," and he attacked.
Tyler parried his offense handily and looked for a good place to repel another attack.
BJ nodded approvingly. "Now let's see how you attack me after a block."
Tyler demonstrated. After half an hour of intensive training, BJ said panting in a firm arm clamp: "You've had a good education, Tyler."

"Thank you," it sounded from the doorway. Nathan strolled in nonchalantly closely followed by Jared. Both were dressed in the tight training clothes Nathan was such a fan of.
BJ felt Tyler's defeated sigh on his neck. He jumped up and pulled his young pupil along.
"I brought your sleeve," Nathan said, walking up to Tyler to put it on.
BJ cut him off, took the sleeve and gave it to Tyler.
BJ nodded at him approvingly. "You trained him well."
"He's a good student," Nathan replied.
Tyler donned his sleeve while BJ and Nathan discussed the finer points of training with Tyler.
He did his best to avoid the many mirrors in which Jared's beautiful body was displayed. Jared was in the process of setting up the device he was standing at to his specifications.

Jared stood on the left side and with his right hand pulled a long handle across his body. His back muscles were defined and Tyler followed the movement breathlessly.
'So this was his punishment? A tantalus torment; look, but don't touch?'
He caught the look Jared gave him. For a moment, he doubted his next move. He knew what Jared wanted and now had to decide if he wanted to go along with this. Nathan and BJ were done with their conversation and both silently recorded him. "BJ, we're done for now. You can go," he said quietly to the man who picked him up from head to toe. His eyes rested on the sleeve Tyler wore around his arm.
"Call me if you need me," he said crudely, but not unfriendly.

As soon as BJ left, he looked for a place in the room and sat down on the ground with his knees raised.
"What are you doing?" asked Nathan crouching next to him.
"Penance," Tyler said with his eyes fixed on Jared. "I accept my lesson in humility."
Nathan watched in fascination as Jared played the game. Each muscle group was trained, each action performed for optimal effect. He heard how the breathing next to him changed.
Tyler made no attempt to hide his excitement.
As Jared pulled his sweaty shirt over his head, he elicited an elongated deep moan from Tyler's throat. The boy fidgeted uncomfortably back and forth.
Tyler's eyes shone lustily at the unveiling of Jared's muscular upper body. The black hairs glistened with sweat. Small brown buttons squeaked out between the curly hair. The waistband hung low around his hips and closed tightly around his firm buttocks.

A shiver of delight swept through Tyler. Almost immediately followed by a chilly sting that cut through him upon seeing Jared who sent a message on his phone. Desperate, he closed his eyes.
"Eyes open!" Jared snapped at him.
Tyler obeyed instantly. He made no attempt to ward the pain out of his gaze. Nathan sank down next to him, ignoring Jared's stern glare and said: "I don't get it? What's the purpose of this? What does he intend to achieve with this?"
Tyler's face pulled into an pained expression. He answered without taking his eyes off Jared. 
"If this was Tarek who was seducing you? What would be the most painful thing he could do?"
Nathan shook his head not grasping the question. "What?"
"If Tarek was excited, how could he hurt you the most?" repeated Tyler.
Nathan's eyes grew big when he finally understood. "That's just cruel!" he erupted angrily.

Tyler shuddered. "Nathan was right. It was cruel. Jared was clearly visibly excited and by making love to Fleur afterwards he caused him immeasurable pain.' Miserable, he cringed.
"What I said," Nathan repeated. "Cruel!"
"He's showing me the depth of his pain," he said audibly.
"Ah, shit, Tyler," Nathan said at the undisguised love and lust in his eyes.
"I know. I'm pitiful, but I can't just change my feelings," he said.
Nathan shook his head stunned. "I've seen you stand up to the most powerful men I know. Dangerous men, Tyler. So, why?"
Caught in a look of Jared that made his blood boil and his heart break he whispered: "He's my kryptonite."
Silent tears slid down his cheeks.
Jared's phone went off. "Nathan!" he snapped at the man. "We're going."
After a final squeeze on his shoulder, Nathan left with Jared.

Utterly defeated Tyler clasped his arms around his knees and rocked back and forth. The grief shocked in untenable waves through him.
Rasheed was the one who found him in this terrifying state. The man was shocked and Tyler did his best to recover.
Once alone in his hotel room, he let himself go. The grief had been expressed. Now it was time for his anger. Against all standards of decency and totally out of character, Tyler demolished the living room.
"Are you feeling better now?" was the first thing BJ said when he looked at the havoc.
Hotel security was behind him. No doubt the other hotel guests had complained about the amount of noise Tyler had made. The man looked over BJ's shoulder, recorded the damage at a glance and spoke to a colleague outside Tyler's field of vision.
"No," said Tyler, who was on the ground.
The man said something to BJ who nodded and he closed the door.
"Tired?"
"No."
"I know a good sports bar here. We'll have a beer there."
Tyler's eyes slid to the clock lying on the ground. "It's 4:30."
"And?"
"And nothing," Tyler said shrugging, and he got up.