She said "yeah....but I had this bad dream". I didn't tell dad about the night happenings so she questioningly asked "what was it about".

Abi's face slowly changed from pleasure to pain as she said the single word 'mom'. I really wanted her to speak to me or dad about it and right then, I got my opportunity.

I asked Abi if she wanted to talk about it. She didn't reply 'yes' or 'no' but she did say "it was the same dream that I had earlier. The one in which mom was murdered but still alive".

I had my jaw opened wide in amusement but dad didn't seem that thrilled. He silenced her by saying "mommy is dead. She died In an accident and hon, you should try getting a proper sleep without thinking about her or else… I might have to take you to a phycologist".

It was Abi's turn to open her jaw wide. I just couldn't believe that he said that to her. A psychologist? Dad, are you mad?

But I knew that Abi is not the type to shut up. She continued "in yesterday's dream mom told 'help me and be careful. Brandon is near, he will hurt you'. I obviously didn't understand that."

"By the way, do you know any Brandon", she asked both of us before getting up and putting her plate in the sink and having a drink of water.

I took the time to give dad a questioning glare. I was wondering if I should tell the truth or not but the look from dad made me lie.

"Brandon, who? I don't know anyone named that. Do you dad?", I asked dad.

Dad nodded his head no and then asked Abi if she really believed the dream. My sister took a minute to reply "I-I don't know. It felt so real though."

Dad wasn't accepting the fact that his wife is alive and yelled "it's bullshit", to Abi.

I saw Abi's cheeks turn red as she yelled back "dad! don't' tell that about mom. I know what I saw".

Dad in return yelled, "don't raise your voice at me, little girl". I had a feeling as if it would turn into a big fight and that's why I closed that chapter by asking Abi if there was something else she saw in the dream.

Without missing a beat, she replied "yeah..you remember, a few days before her death, she was so cautious and secretive and also acted strangely".

I nodded my head in agreement. She was a bit cautious and stiff but what the fucking hell does it have to with her death. She dies in a freaking accident and to be honest, the only reason I acted interested in Abi's dreams was to not disappoint her.

But, she has to accept one day that mom died. In an accident.

But, I was still shocked by the fact that she heard about Brandon in her dream. As I was lost in thought, I heard dad tell Abi to go upstairs and do her homework.

Abi, obviously complained that she just woke up and that she'd do it later in the day. Dad agreed but still sent her upstairs

After making sure that she went up to her room, dad yelled "what the actual fuck did she say".

I was confused about what dad meant and when I told him that, he said "she found out about Brandon".

I sadly nodded my head. It's just a matter of fact that she finds out about the truth. Dad seemed to have the same thought as I did.

He suddenly angrily said, "That bastard was released from jail a few weeks prior to Adeline's death".

I continued "so… do you think he planned the accident."

Dad looked at me and said "it's impossible. He just got out of jail, he surely wouldn't want to get caught".

I just couldn't accept the fact so I argued with dad. I asked him why mom acted strangely before her death and how would Abi get a dream about that guy. A dream in which mom tells her about it.