Chapter Eight: Waiting For You

Start from the beginning

"Shut up Trashykawa." I say whacking his arm lightly.

"No, I mean it. I'd be a great boyfriend for you." He jokes, avoiding my eyes. I smirk,

"Oh reeeeally~ You don't even know me enough to be my boyfriend." I laugh and he pouts,

"I know more about you than you think (n/n)-chan." He says raising his eyebrow at me and tilting his head.

"I don't reckon you do man. I think Haji has you beat with that." I challenge and his smirk turns serious.

"I know what my fan girls did to you in high school." He says standing still. I stop with him, my breath catching.

"Y-You what?" I ask dumbfounded.

"I know about what happened in high school (y/n)-chan. I'm not as oblivious as you may think." He clarifies, looking me dead in the eyes. My stomach turns into a knot and I shake my head.

"That's why I broke up with my girlfriend. As soon as you left she started saying things about you. It was like she was gloating or bragging that, uh... she was with me instead of you." He mumbles and an uncomfortable feeling settles between us.

"She... she seemed really nice though." I say trying to understand how someone could have fooled me into thinking so highly of them. Oikawa hums in agreement with me.

"I'm sorry," I say softly and his eyebrows furrow.

"What are you sorry for? You did nothing wrong??" He questions.

"I feel like... I don't know, I make your life harder? In a way? I mean, if I wasn't with you all the time in school there would have been a whole lot less problems in your life." I say my voice is getting tense.

"(Y/n) why are you saying that? You're amazing and I wouldn't trade knowing you for the world." He says taking a step closer to me. He looks down at me and I feel his hand softly take hold of my arm. He moves his other hand and grabs my wrist lightly. I can feel his warmth, his smell. We're so close, too close.

"Oikawa-" I start but he interrupts,

"-Tōru, you said you'd call me Tōru." He says with his voice low and velvety.

"Oikawa, remember were looking for Hajime." I say stepping back from him and softly taking his hand off my arm. His hand lingers but eventually he gives and lets go.
"We should keep moving." I say quietly. My heart rate is uncomfortably high as we walk to the Iwaizumi house in semi awkward silence. Right before we get to the front door Oikawa speaks up,

"(N/n), I'm sorry about earlier but I'm not going to pretend it never happened. I know you like someone but if that doesn't turn out, I-I want you to know I'm here." He says walking through the doorway into the house.
My mind goes blank.

'What in the world?? Did he just confess to me?!?!'

~A few minutes before~

Oikawa's P.O.V.
(Y/n) and I walk from the park to Iwa's house. My body lacks the warmth we shared from earlier when I was trying to keep her warm. When she used her cold tone on me it reminded me of high school. She would always act open and kind when it was just us but when we were in public or when she was at my games there was always this mask she would put on.

Everytime she went cold to me I knew it wasn't really her. Just like me, she was trying to protect herself from something by putting up a wall. In school every now and then I'd hear whispers and gossip emanating from my fans, it made my blood boil every time I heard it. Much to my dismay, (y/n) being so prideful never let me help her even when she probably needed it.