15

Demi's POV
"Max, remind me to get baby monitors when we arrive in Texas.. I forgot them back at our house." I told Max as we pulled up near our private jet.

"Alex, baby, you gotta get up. We're going to Texas to visit Grandma, Grandpa, Auntie Madison and Auntie Dallas for a bit." I spoke softly as I pushed some hair out of Alex's face.

"T-Texas?" Alex asked so I could confirm it. I nodded.

"Come on. Let's go." I opened the car door. Alex got out of the car and I noticed she winced in pain. "Does it hurt, baby girl?" I asked, referring to down there. She nodded.

"M-Mommy, it hurts." Alex whimpered.

Alex's POV
"M-Mommy, it hurts." I whimpered. Mom gently picked me up and I started playing with her hair extensions as we boarded our private jet.

"I know, baby. I'll have to schedule you a doctors appointment so they can look at it." Mom said as she sat down with me on her lap.

"N-No!" I tensed up. "W-What if they hurt me?" I panicked and Mom immediately pulled me close.

"They won't hurt you. If they try, I'll hurt them worse. I promise, you're safe with me. How about you try and get some more sleep?" Mom whispered.

"I.. I want to sleep with Max." I spoke quietly and pointed at Max. I looked at Mom for approval and she nodded. I went over to him and he let me cuddle into his chest. "He's like my big, cuddly teddy bear. Almost like Grandpa Eddie." I said before I fell asleep.

Demi's POV
"He's like my big, cuddly teddy bear. Almost like Grandpa Eddie." Alex said before she fell asleep. I was sitting across from them.

"Max, thank you so much for saving Alex. I honestly don't know what would've happened.. I don't want to think about what would've happened.." I told Max as I had some tears in my eyes.

"It's my job. To protect you guys. Also, you guys are like my American family." Max said looking at me.

"I noticed since what happened in the dressing room that she doesn't want to leave your side either.. so get used to it. I honestly love it.. but it also concerns me.." I sighed as I also ended up falling asleep on the jet.

A/N: Sorry it's a short chapter. It's 3:42 AM and I'm sorta sleep deprived. What do you guys think of the story so far.