Chapter 6: Let's Talk

Start from the beginning

"No! I mean no, I fine. I just did it to give me the edge I needed." Kaneki started to get nervous. He didn't want to tell Touka about her. She knew that he struggled at the beginning of his new life as a ghoul, but she barely knew what he went through after Jason.

"It's a stabilizing agent." Tony said when he walked in the room with Coulson. "Means the portal won't collapse on itself like it did at S.H.E.I.L.D"

He walked past Thor with a little pat on the shoulder,"No hard feelings, Point Break. You've got a mean swing." He then goes to where Fury usually stands,"Uh, raise the mid-mast, ship the top sails," he then points at a guy no one was looking at,"That man is playing Galaga! Thought we wouldn't notice, but we did."

Tony covered one of his eyes with his hand, looks around for a moment.
"How does Fury do this?" Maria Hill, one of the agents, said that he turns. Tony seemed to find that exhausting.

"The rest of the raw material, Agent Barton can get his hands on pretty easily. Only major component he still needs is a power source. A high energy density, something to kick start the cube."

"When did you become an expert in thermonuclear astrophysics?"

"Last night. The packet, Selvig's notes, the Extraction Theory papers. Am I the only one who did the reading?" Tony asked the group, Kaneki slowly raised his hand. He read it on the flight to the helicarrier.

"Good Hannibal, then you'll know Loki will need to..." Tony raised his hand to the ghoul.

"He'd have to heat the cube to a hundred and twenty million Kevin to break the Coulomb barrier." Kaneki stated quickly, he didn't want to embarrasse himself in front of the group. Banner decided to throw his cap into the ring.

"Unless Selvig has figured out how to stabilize the quantum tunneling effect." He said and the three men started to form a circle, ignoring the rest of the group.

"Well if he could do that , he could achieve Heavy Ion Fusion with any reactor in the world, right?" Kaneki continued. Tony seemed happy, as he had a smirk on his face.

"Finally, people who speak english. It's good to meet you, Dr Banner. Your work on anti-electron collisions is unparalleled and I'm a huge fan of the way you lose control and turn into an enormous green rage monster."

Bruce didn't seem to like the last part, but gave a small smile.

"Thanks."

"Dr Banner is only here to track the cube. I was hoping you might join him." Fury said as he walked into the room.

"As long as Hannibal comes with me."

"Let's start with that stick of his. It may be magical, but it works an awful lot like a Hydra weapon." Cap said, getting the group back in focus.

"I don't know about that, but it is powered by the cube. And I'd like to know how Loki used it to turn two of the sharpest men I know into his personal flying monkeys." Thor seemed puzzled.

"Monkeys? I do not understan-"

"I do!" Steve said, pointing his finger at Fury. He seemed proud of himself. "I understood that reference." Tony just rolled his eyes.

"Shall we play, doctor."

"Let's play some."

Kaneki slowly tried to walk back to Touka but...

"I didn't forget about you, Hannibal. You can bring your girl with you if you want?" Kaneki gave a sheepish smile to her and she only shrugged and followed the group to the science lab.