Chapter 6

Caden left the bathroom quickly and headed straight to the conference room leaving me with the little germite standing next to the counter of the bathroom staring at me with her little blue eyes. Looking back into the hallway Caden was out of sight.

"That fucking asshole" I mutter under my breath and lean against the door frame. Looking back at the girl I see her staring back at me.

"Well I guess I'm in charge now," pushing my glasses back up my nose I stepped out of the bathroom and held the door open for her "come on let's see if we can find any food for you."

Sure enough food was all that needed to be mentioned for her little dirty toes to be following my Christian Louboutins out of the bathroom. I weaved my way through the offices with the sound of tiny feet behind me to the elevator and I pushed the button to go down. I could feel the girl standing right behind my legs so close that if I were to move backwards I would step on her. I hope this kid isn't carrying any diseases. I'd kill Cade if I so much as get the flu from her.

The doors slid open to the elevator and I stepped in. Germite followed me slowly, still unsure about the box. I pressed the 3 button and it began to descend to the corresponding floor. The moment the elevator moved the girl grabbed onto my pant leg.

What the actual he-

A ding signaled that the door opened and I quickly exited with the girl still on my leg. I looked down and gently took a hold of her side and lifted her up into my arms. "You know, for how tiny you are, your grip is like a python."

Walking down the main hallway I turn left and enter an empty break room. The break room was a nice contrast to the building with it's bright colors. The walls were white but paintings on the wall were filled with images of food and colorful landscapes. There were a few tables of four placed around the far end of the room, each held a different potted plant. A TV was mounted on the far wall and it played the news channel. On the other side held the kitchen where countertops sat with microwaves and coffee machines. On the wall held two restaurant sized fridges, a soda machine, and a few different vending machines. Making my way down to the vending machines I set the girl back on her feet "what do you want to eat?"

Germite stood looking at all the food then back at me with a sad expression on her face.

"What? Do you not like the food?" She doesn't say anything and stares at the machines.

What is wrong with this thing? "I know you have to be hungry so just pick something out." She looked at me again and I could see the tears welling up in her eyes.

I started to freak out. If Caden finds out I just made this kid cry he'll kill me. "Whoa whoa hey don't cry kid, look do you want candy? What about a soda? I could order pizza if you want." I pointed out all the food and drinks and she just shakes her head at me.

"Then what's wrong?"

"I don't have any money"