Chapter 13

It was Sunday now and my birthday tomorrow! I'm turning 14 and I will take my birthday to my advantage without any worry in the world! Except I have school. I got up around 11:45 and brushed my gross morning breath away. I walked into the kitchen. "Hey Matt, can I go to the pool in crest hill?" I asked him. He sighed "Good morning.."
"Yea, yea. Can I go please!" I asked again. "Who are you going with?" He asked. "Nadia and some other girls" I lied. I know he won't let me leave the house after what happened and I HAVE to leave, Matt hasn't let me leave the house ever since I told him! "Okay, sure.."
"Thank you" I sang and ran to get some stuff for the pool. I grabbed a towel, sunglasses, a simple top I can put over my swim suit and a bottle of water.
"Bye Matt!" I yelled and slammed the door. I walked to community pool that was only a few blocks away.
*~*~*
When I got there I took off the top and shorts that exposed my bathing suit:
Some short swimming trunks and a small shirt that exposed half of my belly. There was a lot a people in the pool so I just found a bench to sit on and wait till it empties a little.
After about twenty minutes or so, the pool emptied completely.
That's weird, how can the entire pool empty that fast? I wasn't even paying attention. There were a lot of people here a minute ago. I went into the pool cautiously. I dove in and when I reached the bottom I tried swimming back up.
But my head was pushed down. I reached my hand up to feel it.
And I felt an arm. I started to panic and tried scratching on the arm but it wouldn't move. I tried hitting it, but the water slowed my hand down. I couldn't breathe. Then the hand grabbed my hair and pulled me up.
I saw the decomposing body of Julianne Taylor, she had complete black eyes. She smiled wickedly and spoke in the a deep voice that sounded so evil. "I am your God now, bitch" she said and I grasped as much air as I can before she pushed my head back into the water. I began to struggle again. Then I realized, I'm not getting out of this one. This is it, this is where I die and spend eternity in hell. I stopped struggling and calmed myself. Everything went blurry. Then I heard screams and flashes of red flames eating at the little old lady from the drug store. Then everything turned black.
*~*~*
I woke up coughing up water. My vision was blurry than it started getting clear. I saw a lot of people from my school laughing at me. I shook my head and tried to shake that away. They were still there. Laughing and taking pictures of me. I got up and ran away I couldn't go home like this. Matt would ask what happened. I sat on the curb and cried in my wet bathing suit. I was cold and my hair is damp. Then a red Camero sped passed me and threw my clothes at me. They were burned and smelled weird. I smelled it. Then I threw it and backed away. I was mad now "You fucking pissed all over my clothes! Assholes" I yelled at the car that was already out of sight. I'm angry now and I can't wait for tomorrow..
But I have to be more careful about Julianne. I sighed really loud. Then a boy from across the street went up to me. He was a medium kind of height, he had wavy black hair, almost curly, and big vintage glasses. "Hey" he said. "Hi.." I said. "Do you know who did that?" He asked. "No" I said through gritted teeth. I began to shiver. "Oh, uhh you live nearby?" I shook my head "I do but I can't go home. Not like this at least." I said. "Well, it's kind of cold for you to be wet like this, come into my house it across the street." He suggested. "I don't know.."
"Come on! My sister can help you. She's our age." How does he know my age? "And what age is that?" I crossed my arms. "Fourteen" he said dubiously.
I smiled "Thanks" I said and followed him to his house. He opened the front door and I stopped at the doormat. He turned to me. "I'm not an ax murderer" he stated. I nodded and went inside. The house was big. A large staircase, white furniture that looked so clean I felt like I couldn't touch it or I will stain them. I saw a girl come down the staircase. She had curly brown hair and and big blue eyes. She stopped when she saw me. "Oh. Riley, right?" She asked. "Yeah" I nodded. I immediately recognized her when she finally came down the staircase.
It was Taylor Reyes.
"Oh, Taylor. Thanks for um defending me online." I said. She looked down at her toes. "Y-yea" she stuttered and put a piece of hair behind her ear. "Oh, I didn't mean to upset you or anything.." I said immediately. "No, it's okay."
She looked at me and smiled brightly "let's get you dried up." She said.
~*~*~
After she helped dry my damp clothes and give me new ones. I left.
When I got back home Matt was waiting for me. "Where have you been? You were gone for 4 hours!" He exclaimed. "Calm down woman! I went over Nadia's house for a while" I lied again. I would've told him the truth, but not anymore. Then I would have to explain why I was late and where are my clothes. He didn't even notice my clothes. "Okay" he rolled his eyes. "Want something to eat?" He asked me.
"No thanks I ate at Nadia's house" he nodded and I ran upstairs to my room. Maybe I can just take a nap and think about what happened at the pool. I opened the door to my room and saw something I couldn't believe.
_______________________
A/N: Hello, Ducklings! How are you?
Don't answer that..
So what did you think about this chapter? Did you like it?
What do you think she saw?
Dun dun dun cliffhanger!
So I HATE that no one is leaving me comments! Why you no leave me comments ducklings? I really like comments and I need some pwease!! I love replying to comments you know that! Ugh!
I hope you liked this chapter! Leave a COMMENT anytime and vote!
Keep reading!
_______________________
Vanessa