Chapter 6 - Life is hard

Start from the beginning

Applepi:
I'm working bitch

Akaashi goes sicko mode:
I'll buy you any new game that you want

Applepi:
...
Pokemon Sword and Shield. You can buy it online. I'll be there in 10

(Akaashi goes sicko mode shared their location)

"Hey, who are you texting? Don't you know it's rude to text on a date" Kuroo leaned over, propping his chin on Akaashis shoulder.

Akaashi flicked his forehead and he retreated with a hiss.

He glanced up to the bar and noticed Bokuto had been waved away by a group of giggling girls, all receiving a different fruit cocktail each.

He made it look so easy, slicing the fruit and easily sparing up a conversation with the group as he worked.

In front of Akaashi lay a varied line of shots he hadn't noticed Bokuto preparing.

"It's not really a date, is it?" Akaashis lips pinched tight as he tried to refrain from scowling.

Kuroos eyes seemed to soften slightly at these words. He had to be guilty at his actions if not for the slightest idea that he was veritably being rude.

"I just wanted to meet him," he pouted.

"You couldn't have easily waited until we built our relationship up a little? I've only known him for so little and I just...I want to know more about him. It's hard when...".

Akaashi squinted his eyes as if considering saying his next words.

"When you're here. Sorry".

"Well, hey, can you guess the best way to get to know someone?" Kuroo wiggled his thick eyebrows.

"The absolute best way to bond?".

"Survive an alligator attack together? I don't know" Akaashi rubbed at his temples.

"Even. Better," Kuroo smirked.

~~~

Oh man, Akaashi was so pretty, His smile was something else. His eyes were always hooded when he smiled ever so softly.

His thick long lashes would follow his narrowed eyes when he would smirk.

Especially when he was being so cocky talking to Kuroo.

It was honestly an accomplishment that Bokuto hadn't cut off a few of his fingers while slicing this tangerine for a cocktail.

His eyes just seemed to be dragged back every few seconds.

The way his curls were so refined, coiling against his forehead, around his ears and the bottom of his nape. His skin so clear, his laugh so bubbly but pleasant to hear.

Akaashi was pretty on the inside and the outside.

And Bokuto was... nothing.

Bokuto had weird hair, but it was the only thing that suited him, and it was still crap.

He had a chipped tooth towards the back from a volleyball accident.

His eyebrows looked abnormal, like boomerangs.

His laugh was too maniac, too loud. People grimaced when he laughed.

But not Akaashi. Because Akaashi was pretty inside and out. Akaashi was nice. Akaashi was everything Bokuto wanted to have.

He wanted Akaashi, and that felt selfish.

He could never compare to someone so put together. When he was just what? Him.