Chapter 4 - The Bar

En başından başla

“…Nowhere in particular.” Niall interrupted.

Zayn looked passed me and mouthed ‘shut up’ to Niall. I giggled to myself. I don’t think he knows I can read lips, too. It’s a gift.

“So, where are you heading all swanky?” Zayn asked me.

I sighed, twirling my finger around the rim of my glass, “Well, I was supposed to meet my girl for drinks, but she met some bloke and now I’m all by myself.”

“That blows.” Niall bellowed.

I lowered my head, “It’s alright.”

“A pretty girl should never stay home alone” Zayn stated.

“So, what do you suggest?” I winked.

Zayn smiled at Niall, then back to me. “Maybe you should come with us. It’ll be fun.”

I turned to Niall and smiled. “Do you guys really want me to hang with you, tonight?”

I stared into Niall’s eyes as he looked at Zayn. I could see Zayn head bobbing up and down, in his reflection. Niall hesitated with his response.

“Uh…yah, if you want to.” He looked at me. Then, smiled.  

I leaned over and whispered to Niall, “Do you really want me to?”

“Yah, my mate really fancies ya.” Niall whispered back.

I smiled, turning to Zayn. “Okay. I guess I’m in.”

“Awesome.” Zayn beamed. “Our car will be pulling up soon.”

Just then, Zayn’s phone ranged. He looked down at the screen.  He excused himself, and answered it. I turned to talk to Niall.

“Well, you look dashing.” I told him.

“Think so.” Niall smiled. “I don’t need a jacket or nothing, right?”

I shook my head.

“See, I told Zayn that.”

I chuckled. “You would look good standing next to me, so the black sweater works.”

Niall blushed, as Zayn came back over to us. He looked a little bit upset.

“What’s wrong, mate?” Niall asked him.

“Paps outside.” He said, angrily. “A whole lot of them.”

“You don’t want to be on camera?” I asked.

 “It’s not that…” Zayn stopped and looked at me.

“I get it.” I laughed, faintly. “You don’t want to be seen with me.”

“It’s not like that.” Niall interrupted.

Zayn bit his lip. “I don’t really care if you come or not. I just don’t want your whole life on the front page of The Sun.”

I smiled. “I can handle myself.”

Zayn looked at Niall and smiled.

“I have an idea,” I said. “But now, it’s time for you to give me your phone.”

Zayn handed me his phone confusingly. I put my number in it, labeled, D. Lilah. I even added a little message in the notes and handed it back to him. He laughed, when he read it.

“Stay here. I’ll head out the door first. I’ll have the driver circle and come back. When I get out front, I’ll call you. Then we can leave. No one will be the wiser.” I proposed.