33 | Cleaners

"Hello! I'm Hawks' secretary, Taru. It's nice to be working with you two." a tall lady said as she held a clipboard in front of her chest. She gently smiled at the three of us and looked down on the board she was holding. I'm guessing she had papers attached to it.

"L/N, Tokoyami, this is Karen Taru. She's been my secretary for over three years." Hawks beamed as he walked beside her and put his hand around her shoulder in a friendly manner. I smiled; they look more like friends than coworkers.

The two had a little chat about the status of the agency and stuff that's new. Fumikage and I stood there and waited for something to happen as we listened to their chat. The both of us were in our hero costumes. His was his signature black cloak(that looked absolutely Dope), while my costume was simply just as black as his.

I wore some black thick leggings that were very comfortable and stretchy.. Above it, was a white T-shirt with a big G-clef in the middle. It's covered by a furry leather jacket that was black and had small notes on the bottom of it. Lastly, I wore a(n) F/C scarf that was covered in musical notes and on top of that was my new reinforced headphones that Hatsume quoted--"Indestructible." The design didn't change, she just changed the material used and a few of the wirings. The upgrade she gave it made the sound coming from it great. 

Overall, I love her for evolving this baby

Hawks and Ms. Taru turned to the both of us and spoke. "There isn't much trouble happening at the moment, so I might as well just give you both a tour on this ol' building." Hawks grinned as she nodded at Ms. Taru. She smiled at the three of us before she left, going completely opposite on where we were going. I rose a brow. " Uhm... Hawks, Where's she going?" I asked slightly as I looked back. She was already gone.

"She also has a job at the front counter. Now, lemme show y'all the riffs round here." he said gently as he led us towards a hallway and into a few rooms that were most likely meeting rooms and offices because of the massive amount of chairs. I took a breath once we were guided into a room that looked like an auditorium. 

Hawks is 'hella rich,

"And over here is where we hold public announcements or whatever you call 'em." Hawks said, it was obvious that he was bored because of the tone of his voice. "We use this more for watching movies though..." he muttered under his breath. I giggled.

He really was lazy

jUST LIKE ME!

"Anyway, after this we--"

Hawks got cut off on his sentence because of a ringing sound in his pocket. He sighed and fished for the phone. "Excuse me..." he excused himself as Fumikage simply stood by me as I sat down on one of the comfy cushioned chairs. Hawks answered his phone and pressed it against his ear.

"Dō shimashita ka?" Hawks inhaled sharply. There was annoyance laced into the question he asked.

"Trouble?"

by that word, the birb and I looked at our mentor with interest in our eyes. Are we finally doing something exciting? Is this going to be our first encounter with villains, criminals, or bad people? 

The thought of serving justice pumped determination into my heart as I smiled confidently. 

Hawks hung up and looked at the both of us, he was smirking slightly. "There's a robbery happening in the nearby bank and it looks like the robbers have hostages." Hawks yawned and looked away. I stood up from the chair and went beside Fumikage. "Can we help?" I ask; my question was supported by Fumikage's hum. 

"Yes."

"However, you'll need to be fast." he smirked.

And then, our mentor flew up to the roof and opened a hatch. "This is your first lesson. Speed." He winked, and he flew out after closing the small trapdoor. 

Fumikage was left speechless. 

"I--"

"This is what I told you about." I laughed and ran a hand through my face. So much for helping. "Should we try to at least follow him?" Fumikage asked as he faced me. I shook my head gently and sat back down on the cushioned chair and sighed. There's no point into following him, might as well relax. "First of all, we don't even know where the bank is--" I said while I leaned my head backwards." 

"Next, I doubt that he gave instructions to other members about following him, so no one will probably allow us to go." I stated, as I slumped down even more. 

"And finally, he may be already solving the problem as we speak..." I trail off as I basically slid of the chair and unto the floor. I ran a hand across my hair and sighed. So much for the experience. What are we even suppose to do now, now that that happened.

"Y/N, Let's just try to follow his pursuit and see if he needs our assistance anyway." Fumikage said as he held out a firm hand for me to take. 

-~-~-

"I told you." 

We stood in front of the bank where there were  several police cars with people detained inside of them. There was a crowd just outside the police tape that blocked the way into the bank. Hawks was in the middle of the crowd; there were people bawling their eyes out to him while thanking and praising him like a god. He was also giving away autographs to little children. Ms. Taru stood beside Fumikage and I, along with another employee. The secretary and her co-worker smiled and walked towards Hawks. I looked at Fumikage with another I-told-you-so expression. He sighed deeply while we followed the two adults' tracks. 

"Ms. Taru, What exactly do you and the other workers of the agency do?" Fumikage asked bluntly. I elbowed him slightly because the tone of his voice sounded a bit rude and offending. The secretary turned to the two of us and just gave us another grin. 

"All of us are basically just Hawks' Clean up crew."

+++

Wasn't expecting a new chapter so fast ehh!??!!??! >:DDD

GUESS WHAT!? COVID. THATS WHY XDDDDDD

Anyway, I can guarantee y'all the next chapters are gonna be a bit exciting. It's gonna contain a few action scenes and maybe even some unrevealed truth about our-- 

OOP! not gonna spoil it ;3

Anyway, I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter! Please don't forget to wash your hands and to stay safe :D 

also join my discord XD

https://discord.gg/RJkXxYP

ok bye :D