CHAPTER - 3 AN UNEXPECTED CALL

Start from the beginning

There was this silence that no one asked for I didn't know what to start with and there was a slight hesitation from his side.

"Hmm chachu it's been quite long that we have met how is Chachi" I decide to initiate

"Chachu do u need anything" and again the silence was his reply I was about to leave when

"Ruhi how ..." he started to break down and I didn't know how to console him is it because of badi ma

"Chachu don't you worry badi ma will be fine"

"Ruhi you know something you remind me of my brother you are just like him. How come your ready to forgive di for what she has done to you." Said chachu I didn't know how to react to it o keep any grudge against her but will you please tell me her reasons to hate me so much please mama papa would never reveal

"Chachu I don't want to keep any grudge against her but will you please tell me her reasons to hate me, please mama papa would never reveal," I asked him wanting to get the answers I craved for

After much hesitation, he gave in

"Ruhi before I start I want you to know the reasons that she states are surreal and none of us believe in them nor do I want you to believe in them, *sigh* after your parent's marriage it took about five years for you to come into our lives, and every one of us were on cloud nine but then One fine day Seema didi who was quite religious and the astrologer informed her that you're a threat to the family and the families would break off because of you.

 On hearing this Seema didi informed everyone and asked bhaiya and Bhabhi to abort you. Every one of us was against this and there was this huge rift between Bhabhi and Seema didi.

 After much complications you were born and everything slowly started getting normal but then when you were 2 years old, you and Juhi were playing and suddenly you rushed into a heavily pregnant Seema di causing her to loose balance and suffering from a miscarriage.Everyone took part in her sorrow, but again she started blaming you for everything and started talk bullshit about you.

 Though initially Bhabhi and Bhai didn't respond to it, after a point of time matters went out of hand. She even locked you in a room and you lost consciousness for about 12 hours. We were all tensed for you and Seema didi still kept saying how it would be great if you left us forever, that broke the last resort that Bhai and Bhabhi had and for the first time bhai lost his cool and asked Seema didi and her husband to leave Sharma Nivas. 

Though after that bhai tried to mend ties with di nothing changed she still believes and will continue to believe that you were the reason behind all of this. 

That's the reason behind all those words and once again Ruhi this her believe and I don't want you to believe in all of these and proud of bhai and bhabhi's decision to keep you and also Neelima and Jiju's decision to raise and I know you will make us all proud one day and I already know you are matured enough to know that all of these were a coincidence and Seema di's blind faith."

I never knew there was this big reason behind her hatred and know I knew why mama papa never wanted me to know about these

"Chachu I want you to promise me to never let mama and papa know that you have told me everything. I don't want them worried about me and I do get that all these are blind faith. Thanks for sharing this with me"

He smiled at that

" won't you hug your chachu like old times Ruhi, I know what I did cannot be reasoned but I want to start a first and that's gone be from you I am sorry for not being there with you all these years will you forgive me Choti"