Chapter 39: We'll meet again

Start from the beginning

Hm, maybe he was seeing things.

"So ya' enjoyin' your stay 'ere so far?" Angel hummed softly, considering the question for a moment while taking another sip of his coffee. Her accent was far thicker than ... well, he hadn't talked much in it. Nonetheless it wasn't hard to understand her as her accent was similar to his.

"It's interestin' to be somewhere that isn't New York. It ain't quiet exactly, but it's not noisy eitha." Rose chuckled.

"I know what ya' mean by 'dat. I don' think deres a day dat goes where there ain't music in dem streets." Angel smiled softly listening to the women's accent, it was.....comforting, in a way.

"Eh, I don' mind. It's nice." The blonde took another sip of his coffee as the girl hummed softly to herself.

"So, ya ever figure out what why ya' livin'..?"

Another long pause, he drummed his nails against the counter. "...For ma' friends? For da' guy I like.." The women chuckled giving angel a soft punch to his arm. He hadn't minded that touch this time around.

"Naw dummy. I'm talkin' about for ya' self...you find a reason ta live for ya'self?" Angel eyed the women who radiated her usual warm glow. He slowly smiled, turning his gaze away from her.

"....Yeah, I think I have." He hopped off the stool after laying some bills on the counter first. He had, he'd found his reason...to live for himself. He'd live...and he would do it for himself, he would stop being a mob boss and just live life how he pleased. He would hang out with Cherri again and be happy with .....with Alastor. If that was possible..Even if they had to say goodbye after everything, he would see him again. And that day, he'd be happy to see the redhead...

He would try to summon Alastor...even if he didn't want to be, he'd summon him and try to talk to him..and if things went sour,

..then he'd have to move on.

He glanced down at his exposed hand, eyeing the back of it once more.

He would take his father down, once and for all, to make sure that dream came true..to make sure his friends and family where safe. To rid himself of the danger that threatened his life since he was born...

..But not yet.

Soon.

"So ya' ready to skedaddle back to New York?" He heard the question followed by the sound of the stool squeaking. He turned to see the women hopping off after paying for her coffee too. She walked up to him a tad shorter than him but she looked up at him with a beaming grin on her soft brown features.

Angel tapped his chin as he hummed softly, "Not just yet, I think I'll head back tomorrow..but," he paused now looking at the women. "I think I wan' do a bit more sight seein' thing is, ...I need someone who knows their way around here." The women laughed, linking her arm with Angel's who jolted a little at the sudden action.

"Well lucky of ya' I know just da' women." With that she pulled him out of the diner and he didn't mind it one bit.

"What do you mean Angel's gone." Charlie was frantic, sitting up now. Cherri was trying to calm her down, she was angry about Charlie betraying them and was resisting the urge to slap the girl upside her head..but that could wait. There were far more important things to handle right now, besides..she'd let Angel handle that...if they found him..if he was okay.

Cherri was holding the girl by her shoulders, she didn't want Charlie to get too upset. She needed her to relax, she was still pale and looked unwell. Even if she had done the things she did...she didn't deserve to die, she was practically a kid who Angel saved. Something must have made her do such a thing, and she'd find that out later.