And I don't regret accepting the challenge for your father - for you.

The next Saturday came faster than lightning. Next thing I know, I was already in the battle arena where I have to fight another one of Mark's, apparently, exes. I sighed as I stood by the side of the stage waiting for the next challenge to begin.

I had no idea what we'd be doing next but I came prepared - mentally and spiritually at least. Mark was standing next to me, holding my hands and he won't let them go even for a brief second. I don't hate it though. The fact that he's still next time even after everything we've been through is a blessing to me.

After a few minutes of waiting for the crowd to constantly start building up, the host finally decided to start. I see Hailey standing across the other side of the stage, crossing her arms as if she knew I was looking her way. "Do you not have any idea of who I might be going against with today?" I asked Mark making sure I was being louder than the music blasting over the speakers.

He shakes his head. "There's too much to remember! I can't remember everyone."

I frowned. Typical player answer. I honestly should have expected this.

"I don't remember anyone unless I see them again."

My heart couldn't stop raising. At least with the poetry, they gave me heads up. They posted about Hailey and that it was going to be poetry. I waited the whole week for their update but there was none except to remind everyone about today's competition. I didn't like it this way.

I feel like everything inside me is slowly starting to twist and turn. Like I was in a rollercoaster of some sort. It's making me feel sick inside and I just want to turn around and walk away but after accepting the challenge, I knew it won't do any good for me and for my relationship with Mark if I back out now.

"All the way from Chicago,"

I turned to Mark knowingly.

"Chicago?" He raises a brow.

"Janice Hawk!"

I don't understand why they have to make their entrances extravagant. I mean, they didn't even introduce me during the first challenge. I can already smell the jealousy burning inside me as she walked down the door with her wavy brown hair. She almost looked like a model and she looked gorgeous. I'd look like her maid if I stood next to her so let's hope I don't get to stand next to her or Mark will go crawling back to her.

"Oh," I hear Mark mumble as he stares at the girl who just walked out from the door of heaven. "Janice. Right."

Am I supposed to be scared now? I sighed and my heart pounds louder.

"You'll do great, princess. You're good at this."

I turned to Mark in confusion. "What do you mean?"

He just smiled and gives me a reassuring nod.

"And of course, our first challenge winner, the current girlfriend of Mark Lee, Nami Fukuyama."

The strong claps faded into almost nothing. I was a little embarrassed that the audience are probably biased but I had to stand strong for as much as I can. Being up on this stage never felt like a second time. It's like another first time for me.

"For today's challenge, it's all about being creative and," Creative and? "mechanical." Creative and mechanical? "Our contingents will be given an ordinary box, colored papers, glue, tape, and scissors." Oh god. "They have to come up with a storage keep out of the materials given only. If they use materials that are not given by the administrators, they will be automatically disqualified. They will be given an hour – yes, an hour – to make this."