Chapter forty-four: Not my money

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Mm-hmm, it is," she nodded. "After dinner with your parents. Come on," she laughed while pulling me back downstairs. 

"So, we heard what your mother did with Cody," my dad laughed as we all began eating. 

"Yeah," she chuckled, "I had no idea she would do that," she shook her head. 

"Well, we don't know about you but we sure are glad she did. That boy caused so much trouble and..." my mom trailed off. 

"And pain? Yeah, he did. But he's gone now, so..." Faith shrugged. 

"Well," my mom sighed, "I hope my son treats you right," she gave me a pointed look. 

"Oh," Faith laughed, "Yes, he does. He does," she nodded while smiling, looking down at her plate. 

"Why are you guys grilling her? Aren't we past that stage?" I laughed. 

"We're just making conversation, Alex. If you don't want us grilling her, that's fine. We'll grill you." 

Great. 

"Have you upset her yet? Any fights?" my mom asked me. I opened my mouth to answer but Faith beat me to it. 

"Nope. He has yet to upset me," she smiled. 

"That's not true," I shook my head. "Once. She didn't get as upset as she should have," I gave her a pointed look. 

She narrowed her eyes at me playfully before my mom changed the subject. 

x-X-x 

"Goodnight, kids!" my parents called out as we walked up the stairs. 

"Good- ow!" she screamed as I pulled her into my room before giving her a chance to say goodnight. "What was that?" she laughed while I pulled her down on the bed beside me. "I was trying to-" I cut her off again when I kissed her. I pulled away just to look at her. "What?" she smiled. 

"You're beautiful," I chuckled before kissing her again. She rested her arms around my neck while I hovered over her before she broke out into laughter and pulled away. 

"What are we doing?" she chuckled. 

"We're making out, Faith. It's what lovers do," I gave her a pointed look. 

"Whatever you say," she shrugged before we got back to it.

x-X-x 

I woke up the next morning before Faith like I do most of the time. I ran my hand through her hair for a while and a few minutes after, she started stirring. I pretended to be asleep when she opened her eyes. 

"I know you're up," she laughed. When I didn't respond, she tugged on my earlobe, making me shift and open my eyes. 

"What?" I chuckled. 

"You were staring and running your hand through my hair, sweetheart," she laughed. 

"And?" I lifted an eyebrow at her. 

"What're we gonna do today, sir?" she asked while lying on top of me, running her fingers through my hair. 

"What do you wanna do, mam?" I twirled a strand of her hair. 

"That doesn't answer my question and that doesn't help come up with an answer either," she rolled her eyes at me. 

"Why don't we call Hayley and Daniel and then ask if they have any ideas?" I suggested. 

"Okay," she shrugged before grabbing my phone and handing it to me. She rolled off of me and grabbed her phone, calling Hayley. 

"Hey, what's up?" Daniel asked as he answered the phone. 

"Do you wanna hang out today? You can bring Hayley, Faith's staying with me till the end of the break," I replied. 

"Sure, what're we gonna do?" he asked. 

"Well, that's kinda what I wanted to know. We aren't getting any bright ideas," I scoffed. 

"This is Hayley's department. I'll just bring her over, cool?" he asked while I heard shuffling in the background. 

"Cool."

x-X-x 

"Maybe we could just watch some movies or something till sunset and then camp out in your backyard," Hayley shrugged. 

"If you wanna stargaze, you could've just said so," Faith shrugged while eating a gummy bear. 

"Don't put the spotlight on me," Hayley chuckled, "That's your dream date, not mine." She gave me a pointed look. 

I looked at Faith questioningly. 

"It's not my job to give you date ideas," she gave me a pointed look. 

"You could suggest some once in a while, you know," I poked her side. 

She squealed before moving away from me and microwaving the popcorn. 

x-X-x 

The credits to The Call rolled and we stood up while sighing, cleaning up. "I love Halle Berry, she's so pretty," Hayley huffed. Daniel and I cleaned up while Faith took Hayley to grab some pillows and blankets from the laundry room. 

Once we cleaned up, we all headed to my backyard where we camped out, talked, played some games and of course, stargazed. Faith was sitting against the steps while I lay between her legs. 

She began running her fingers through my hair and then she tied it into a bun. I looked up at her and scrunched my nose. "What?" she raised her eyebrows at me daringly. 

I puckered my lips and she left me a kiss before pulling the hair tie out of my hair and ruffling it out. She had her arms around my shoulder, resting on my chest while my hands held hers. Daniel and Hayley went inside after a while but we stayed out. I began fiddling with her fingers while we talked. 

"I would've organized a date to do this if you would've told me, you know," I looked up at her. 

"This is just as good a date. Consider it a double date that ends with just us. Because frankly, I don't see the other two here. It's a date, Ryder," she smiled. 

"Tired?" I asked when she rubbed her eyes. 

"Yeah, kind of. Not that we did anything today," she chuckled. 

"Come on." I stood up and carried her up to my room on my back. We brushed our teeth and then knocked out.

-

-

-

-

-

Kinda a filler but don't mind it

I have some more chapters to go and then finito!!!!

Also, I think this is the most unproblematic and fluffy book I've ever written with the most babie and fluffy couple ever, tf? 

<333