Chapter thirty-eight: Test

Chapter thirty-eight: Test (Faith's POV)

It was now the next morning and Alex and I were cuddling on the couch when a door slammed open and shut. It sounded like there was a stampede going on. 

Hayley came into the kitchen, grabbing a coffee mug and slamming it down on the table with a huff. 

"Jesus," Alex sighed under his breath, only loud enough for me to hear. 

She pretty much punched the switch, turning the kettle on and stood there, waiting for the water to boil. 

"I'll get you your coffee," I began standing up. 

"Babe, no," he whined. "She will kill you," he whispered. 

"Alex," I smacked his shoulder. I went into the kitchen and grabbed a mug, standing with her, waiting for the water to boil. "Do you wanna tell me yet or not?" I asked without turning to her. 

"Everything's awkward," she huffed, caving in. 

"After confessing? Even though he's the one who confessed?" I questioned. 

"Yes, I know right?!" she exclaimed. 

"I was just trying to understand the situation but..." I trailed off. "In his defense, he was drunk and so were you," I turned to glance at her. "Give him a minute Hayley," I suggested. 

"If he didn't mean then he shouldn't have said it!" she stomped. 

"Oh, he meant it, he talks about you all the time," Alex came in, eating a gummy bear. 

"Really? In the morning?" I looked up at him. 

"If he talks about me and he means it then why won't he even look at me now?!" 

I took the mug from her before she smashed it. Well not literally but... I began making Alex his coffee while she made her own. 

She likes making her coffee but doesn't like the taste of it. That's my best friend right there. 

"Why don't you just ask him about it?" I asked in confusion. "Will you put a shirt on?" I glared at Alex. 

He chuckled, "Nope." I rolled my eyes before turning to face Hayley. "If it comes down to it, just kiss him," Alex shrugged. 

"What?" we asked in sync. 

"Is your hangover talking like hers is?" I asked him. 

"I can't just kiss him!" Hayley argued. 

"Sure you can, he kissed you last night," Alex shrugged. 

I narrowed my eyes at him, trying to understand his logic. 

"You can't just kiss people out of the blue," Hayley huffed. 

"Yes, you can. See," he said before kissing me. 

I stumbled, taken by surprise and grabbed the counter. 

"If that's just you wanting to show your PDA then you can kiss my ass, Ryder," she glared at him while drinking her coffee as I handed Alex his. 

"Seriously though, try her way and try my way. See what brings you victory," he sipped his coffee. 

"He's not just gonna start talking to her because she kisses him," I scoffed. 

"Well, he's not gonna do it if she doesn't either," he looked at me smugly. 

Hayley slipped out of the kitchen and into her room while we stayed in the staring contest. 

"Let's test you then," he smirked. I arched an eyebrow at him. "You think it's easy to go without kissing someone?" he asked.