three

#3

"What's your name? Sorry, I didn't get to ask you yesterday."

"Eliseo"

"I'm Margarette, but you can call me Maggie. Can I call you Eli?"

"U-uh, sure."

"You know what? I've brought two lunch boxes today, this one's for you, here, take it."

"B-but"

"No buts, let's just eat. You need that so you won't try to kill your self again, you idiot, haha."

"It's not out of hunger."

"Uhm... Sorry. Am I being insensitive? My bad. I'll be more careful next time."

"It's fine. I appreciate your concern."

"Don't mention it. You deserve to live, if only you could see your own worth."

"No, I'm just a waste of space."

"Don't say that. The world is better with you in it."

I woke up all sweaty with my heart beating incredibly fast. It's too hard to breathe, my whole body is aching.

"The world is better with you in it."

My head starts to ache as if it's going to explode. I screamed to the top of my lungs but the ache's not fading.
I was like this for more than 5 minutes before I finally have my heartbeat stable and my breathing normal.

When I regained my sanity, I realized that I'm inside a white room. Basing by the environment and by the dextrose attached on my hand, I can tell that I'm inside a hospital. But where's Maggie? I just dreamed about her, she will surely laugh at me if I tell her what I dreamed of.

And what kind of hospital is this? I'm screaming out of extreme pain earlier yet there's no single nurse or doctor to keep me company. I sighed of frustration, I'm the only patient in this room which makes it a private hospital for sure. Will I be able to pay the bill? Ugh, I don't wanna think about it now. I need to see Maggie. Where is she?

All of a sudden, a woman wearing a red suit and red sunglasses, looking rich, entered the room. She pulled a piece of paper out of her red expensive-looking bag and threw it rudely right to me.

"Sign that paper." She said.

"What? Who are you?" I asked. "And what is this paper about?"

"I'll introduce my self after you sign that paper. Don't bother reading that, it's just the final step so you won't have to pay the hospital bills anymore. You can thank me later." She answered as she pulled out her phone out of her bag to answer a seemingly urgent call.

"I can pay the bills. I don't need your help." I crumpled the paper and threw it back to her the same way as she did. If only she was a bit nicer, I could've accepted her offer. What a bitch.

She ended the call and took her glasses off to look at me straight to the eye. For some unknown reason, her scarlet eyes sent chills down my spine. Among all the available colors for a contact lense, why scarlet? She looks like a vampire.

"Well, I believe that everyone deserves a second chance. "She took another paper out of her bag and gave it to me in a proper way this time. "Don't I deserve a second one, too?" She smiled.

With my eyes still looking mad, I gave the paper a quick scan. It's a contract. And it says that I'll serve the so-called Ferra Company in exchange of anything I could ask for. This is not just about the hospital bills, this is about something bigger that I might not want to be involved.

"No thank you, I'll pay the bills myself." I handed the paper back to her.

"If you wish to see Maggie, sign the damn paper."

I froze. Is that a threat? Is she threatening me using Maggie? Does she have Maggie? Did she hurt her?

"Where is she?!" I yelled.

"I'm not spilling anything until you sign that paper."

"I swear to fucking god, if I find out you hurt her, I'll fucking kill you."

"Oh, I'm scared." She answered sarcastically. "There's no point threatening me, dear. You don't know whom you're dealing with. If I were you, I'd be more careful. Sshh."

I immediately grabbed the pen on top of the table beside me and quickly signed the paper. She's getting into my nerves.

"Good boy." She smiled while folding the paper and eventually put it inside her bag. "Pull that needle out, you are discharged. Follow me." And she went outside immediately.

I followed her until we got outside the hospital, a black limousine with men wearing tuxedos are waiting for us. This looks so suspicious, I can't barely remember what happened before I ended up in the hospital, but whatever it is, it looks like I got into trouble and this is the continuation. My head still hurts a bit, I just wish to remember everything as soon as possible.

I'm coming for you, Maggie. I don't know where you are and what's happening to you as of now, but I promise, I'm gonna save you.