2

Quinton (Q)

Before Dom came home from his public anxiety

I got a Q vibe from this one. as Q, then whichever works for you

Quin took his second pull of the joint and passed it to me. The last couple days been on my mind, heavy. That shit with Dom in the shower and me hearing my brother last night.

Crying......

Walking around his room......

Crying again......

I found Quin on the balcony at 6 this morning, staring at the rising sun. Joint in his mouth, a cup of Jose Cuervo next to him. Meaning, he hadn't been asleep.

Again.......

Me.....? I got maybe an hour or two, in the last couple days.

Dom.....? Same, but he kept his nights occupied with Jasslyn. A sour taste came in my mouth.....I never really liked her. It's funny how she was always around when she needed something from Dom. Can't tell him nothing though, because Jass gives him a distraction and he just carelessly give her the money she asking for. Straight up gold digger vibes.....

That night Jasslyn came here, after that shit in the shower with Dom......was what got me thinking heavy. Dom may have his moments, zoning out and drinking, smoking the memory away.....but that shit in the shower.......it ain't neva happen before. It scared me and Quin. I took a few pulls of the joint and passed it back to Quin. He looked at me carefully, taking it.

"What's wrong.....?"

I picked up my drink and drank from the cup. Staring at the phone, twirling it in my hand.

"Thinking......"

"That's all we fuckin do......" Quin muttered bitterly, taking a drink of his umpteenth cup and pulling on the joint. I dunno how or when it started really, but drinking and smoking was a form of getting away. Running away from the day replaying in our minds, from different point of views.

Dom running from thinking he could've stopped an unavoidable situation. Me to seeing her, Quin from breaking down at the sight of losing someone he really loved.......

"I got a visual......one of them has a civilian.....shit....." My eyes fell on her. I aimed at the two, my goal was to get dude holding her.

There was a gun shot in the distance. My eyes shifted around the wooded area, where I hid.

"You heard that, Q.....? There's others up here......." Quin said through my earpiece. There was chaos down the hill. Dom, firing off at any negative targets. Renegade not too far from him, other soldiers were trying to get the natives to safety and firing at the same time. Possible other negative targets up here on the hill with me, Quin, Emmett and Kobe.

And she was down there. Quin wouldn't be able to see her from his position, but I had a clear view.

"No!" Her scream came out, I shut one eye, trying to get a clear shot. My ears listening.......

Where was Emmett? Kobe?

"I heard. Sounded like a M45......aiming at target....." I steadied my breathing among the chaos. She kept moving around, not really giving me a clear shot. I could make it, but I didn't wanna hit her neither.

"C'mon.......c'mon.....give me a clear shot....." I whispered, aiming my rifle. I needed to get this one and she could run, then I'd go looking for whoever was on the hill with us.