"It was totally obvious—like you were so staring and he was literally all over you, and I don't like him at all but—"

"Okay, okay," Winter cut off Mal in an embarrassed manner, Mal smiling at her sheepishness.

"I get it, but Mal, it was weird, and Evie mentioned something about true love yesterday so I went to the library to research and well... I found this..." Mal rose her brows when Winter held out a crumpled piece of paper.

Slowly, Mal took the page from her and uncrumpled it. Her eyes widened when she realized this was a page from one of the non-checkout books in the library.

"Woah, did you steal this?" Mal snorted causing Winter to frantically shake her head.

"No, just uhm, I just... uhm, I—"

"Stole it?"

"No, I borrowed it! Yes, I borrowed it!" Winter declared, not liking the smirk on Mal's face.

"A.K.A, stole it?"

"Stop saying it like that!" Winter groaned, hiding her face in her hands.

Mal laughed, reading through the page. "Hey, I'm proud and—oh my god! This is a soulmate spell, you and Harry are soulmates?!"

Mal's eyes were wide as Winter jumped around like a wild woman.

"No! Of course not, I just wanted to double-check and make sure, you know..."

"I mean," Mal shrugged, "it's a really simple spell, I can do it, as long as you're sure about the scar..."

Winter laughed and waved it off. "Don't worry, I don't think I actually have true love or anything, so I doubt something will appear."

Mal looked unconvinced but eventually shrugged. "Suit yourself, but I can pretty much guarantee that if you of all people actually want to do this spell, then you'll have a scar with Harry's name."

Winter nodded as Mal turned toward a bouquet of roses resting on her desk. Sitting on Evie's bed, Winter watched as Mal cut up the roses, placing the petals in a bowl. She turned around, reaching into her bag and pulled out a pink vial.

"You keep love potions on you?" Winter questioned earning a shrug from Mal.

"You don't?"

Mal poured about half the vial into the bowl of roses before turning around with the scissors. Winter made no move as Mal cut off some strands of her hair from the back. Immediately, as Mal pulled the now loose strands forward, the brown locks turned from brunette to bright white.

"I still like your natural shade better than brown," Mal hummed as she put the hair into the bowl and began crushing everything up while mixing.

"White is never going to happen, Mal," Winter said as Mal only sighed in reply.

"It's done," Mal smiled at the pink cream in the bowl, turning to Winter. "Where should I put this on your body, remember wherever it goes is where the scar will be."

"There is not going to be a scar," Winter said weakly, though a large part of her thought differently. "Anyway, how about here?"

Winter lifted her sweater-vest up and pulled her skirt down slightly revealing the milky whiteness of lower waist-hip. At least, if a scar did appear, it would be in a place that no one would ever see.

Mal nodded, her shirt swaying as she took the spoon coated with the cream and began rubbing it on the spot. After a few moments, enough cream covered the area and both girls waited anxiously to see if anything would happen.

A minute passed by before Winter sighed. "I don't anything is going to happen—" she ate her own words as a burning erupted in the area of the skin.

"Oh—OW!" Winter yelped, her and Mal's eyes widening as the cream burnt away revealing glowing letters that were shaped into a single name.

"Well, what do you know?" Mal mused, "Harry Hook? You now have Harry Hook's name scarred to your waist!"

Winter was gaping as the glowing faded away leaving a few scar ridges that obviously spelled out Harry Hook's name.

"Mal, do not tell anyone!" Winter cried, dropping her sweater back down.

Mal crossed her arm, raising a brow. "What do you mean? Surely you are not just going to do nothing—?"

"I won't do anything," Winter said firmly. "He's on the Isle anyway, and as you said, you don't even like him—"

"Winter!" Mal hollered. "That is not what I meant! Harry is your soulmate, you can't just ignore that—!"

"I just need to think about this for a while," Winter continued, standing up. "Please, for my sake, don't mention this to anyone." Winter was begging Mal who looked unsure but nodded anyway.

"Okay, it's your business, I won't tell anyone."

And like that everything came crashing down because crap, Evie was right, Harry Hook was actually her true love.

"But wait," Mal narrowed her eyes, placing her hands on her hips, "you can get through the barrier! Why won't you just visit him?"

"On the Isle?" Winter exclaimed as though the thought itself was insane. "I would get robbed before I even set eyes on him. And say I did find him, all that would happen is he would probably hook me—!"

"Winter! Harry is mean and rotten, but I really don't think he would hook you. Trust me, I have known Harry for a long time and how he was staring at you yesterday is a look I have never seen him give anybody else, and he doesn't even know your name!" Mal was expressing, Winter only shaking her head repeatedly.

Thoughts of Harry Hook swarmed her mind, images of his blue eyes and dark hair and so much more screaming at her. The air around her dropped a few degrees with her thoughts. Mal felt it as well, her eyebrows furrowing at the colder temperature.

Love is not for you, Winter's mind continued taunting her.

She shifted in her spot, closing her brown eyes as she willed thoughts concerning Harry away. Mal's eyes widened at the small cracks of frost appearing by Winter's feet on the floor. She had never seen Winter's abilities get like this.

"Winnie, calm down..."

"I need to go, Mal! Thanks!" Winter suddenly exclaimed, turning on her heel and practically sprinting out of the room.

"Winter, wait—!" But Winter was already out of the room, the door slamming shut behind her.