15

There was a creak of the door and then a light appeared through the crack. I opened my eyes to see Cass holding onto her teddy tightly and wiping her eyes. She was hiccuping causing me to sit up. Draco moved over before turning on his side away from the light. As soon as she saw I was up she ran over to me.

" Hey babe what's wrong?" I asked picking up the three-year-old. She hiccuped again rubbing her eyes. " Did you have a bad dream?" I asked and she nodded cuddling into me. I sighed kissing the top of her head as I put her in between Draco and me. He and I have gotten a lot closer in just three weeks due to this little girl and it pained me that in two weeks she'd be gone. I held her tight against me like Draco always did with me. 

Draco's POV

I woke up with a foot in my face making me groan. I looked at the culprit smiling as I saw she was cuddled against Y/n's chest as she held onto her. The more Pea grew the more she looked like Y/n although she definitely had some of my features. Her hair was the same colour as mine and her attitude was like mine, much to Y/n's disapproval. Pea started moving around as the sun began to rise and I was thankful that it was Saturday so I could let Y/n sleep in. I had gotten the letter yesterday so I was going to put my plan into action today.

" Hey there Pea," I said as she opened her eyes. 

" Hi daddy," She yawned sitting up. She looked over at Y/n and went to wake her up but I stopped her. She needed the sleep and I need her to sleep in for this plan to work.

" You wanna help daddy with something today?" I asked and she nodded as I picked her up and went to get her ready for the day. I wasn't as good making her outfits look good but they did look decent enough. I put her hair up in a simple ponytail before we left. I needed to get flowers, a ring, a new suit, a dress for Pea and find somewhere pretty. I had decided to go to McGonagall to see if she'd let me use the floo network to get all this stuff and go see Y/n's parents. 

" Yes, Mr Malfoy?" She asked as I walked into her office after she opened it. 

" I was wondering if Casey and I could use the floo network, I would like to get some stuff for the engagement to make it er special," I said making the slightest bit of a smile appear on her face. She looked to Pea who was laying her head on my shoulder still looking sleepy.

" Just be back before lunch Mr Malfoy and if you're not you will have detention and will no longer be allowed on the Hogsmead trips," She told me sternly making me nod. " How do you like having, Casey, was it?" 

" It's wonderful," I told her looking down at the little girl in my arms ignoring the pain in my chest as I thought of what was to come in two weeks. " She's given my life a whole different meaning." She nodded before handing me the floo powder. I was first going to go see Y/n's parents since they were expecting us. I appeared in the living room of their homemaking them jump but then seemed to relax upon seeing the little girl they'd seen in so many photo's. 

" You must be Draco," Mrs Granger said coming over to greet me as I stepped out of the fire-place. " It's so nice to meet you. And this must be Cassiopeia." Before I knew it she had taken her from my arms causing her to whine. 

" Casey that's mommy's mum," I told her trying to let the woman hold her. She just kept asking for me so I eventually took her back giving an apologetic smile. She ushered to sit down with her and her husband so we could discuss everything.

" I know no matter what you say I kind of have to marry your daughter but I thought it'd be nicer to ask," I told them. " I really love your daughter and even though circumstances are weird with what we have gone through now I wouldn't have it any other way. She means the world to me I can't explain why but she does." They shared a look both smiling before turning back to me.

" Of course you can marry her Draco," Mr Granger said. We talked a little while longer before I told them I had to leave to get everything ready. Pea was happy to leave and go shopping for her own dress. We weren't doing that first but it was a main priority. We went to get flowers first, I had asked her parents what flowers she liked the most. I would ask Hermione what place she liked at Hogwarts the best. I got a few other things that I thought would be nice for the occasion before taking Pea to get a dress. 

" Daddy, can I get this one?" She asked pointing to a puffy long-sleeved pink dress with sparkles fading out at the bottom and gems in the top and sleeves. I had her try it on to make sure she'd actually like it before actually getting it. I got her light pink shoes and a pink flower headband. I think Y/n would be proud of this outfit, even though Pea picked most of it out and complained when I got something she said wouldn't go together. When we arrived back at Hogwarts it was thirty minutes till lunch meaning I still had a while until I set everything up. 

" Can I put the stuff in here?" I asked as Hermione opened the door. She nodded before telling me where to hide it until it was time to set it up. Pea was playing with Sebastian while I asked Hermione and Weasley questions.

" She loves the black lake at night," Ron said. " She likes the way the moon reflects on the water and how the trees look against the contrast." 

" Could you and Potter help me set everything up then?" I asked and he nodded saying he'd ask Harry. " And you bring her and Casey down after getting her dress? Tell her to wear something nice." Hermione nodded. 

Everything was set up and I was standing by the lake trying not to shake. I hoped she liked this.