1

I was on the train returning for my seventh year due to the war. A shiver ran down my spine as I thought about it. I was waiting for my sister to come by with Harry and Ron as I sat down looking at my sketch of the castle we left last year. I added more details of the wrecked wall and more shadows on the smoke. This is how I coped with last year, most thought it was weird drawing out a scene I still had nightmares about. I think it's weird too but I know it helps the more I do it. I had just finished shading the last of the building when 'Mione and the boys came in. Ron and 'Mione sat on one side as Harry sat beside me. I laid my head on his shoulder wanting this year to be over already.

" Don't look so excited N/n," 'Mione rolled her eyes playfully. I rolled mine smiling at my sister.

" Shut up I'm tired and Harry's comfortable," She laughed as she took Ron's hand in her own. Over the summer they had gotten closer Ron even took her on a date, although it wasn't to a fancy restaurant I thought it was better that way. I opened my eyes as I heard the compartment door open seeing Ginny. I was about to get off Harry but she stopped me laughing.

" You don't have to, you look quite sleepy," I nodded letting my head lay back on Harry's shoulder. If it had been any other girl other than Ginny they would've gotten mad but she knows that we're more like siblings then anything.

" How was your guys' summer?" Harry asked the other four that were fully awake.

" It was great me and N/n did something new each day," I put my fingers in a peace sign as she said this. " She hated it for the most part though," She giggled causing me to glare playfully.

" Yeah because my stupid brat sister woke me up at six every day!" I said laughing.

" She is not a brat!" Ron said covering 'Mione's ears who was laughing hysterically.

" You want to live with her?" I asked rolling my eyes as Ron smirked.

" I'd love to actually," We all began laughing but as Ron put his arm around 'Mione's waist I stopped glaring at him.

" Do not touch my sister Weasle," Everyone was smiling but Ron as he thought I was mad. He slowly took his hand back as we all laughed at him, he soon joined in. 

Soon enough we were at Hogwarts and my anxiety was starting to get the best of me as I kept bouncing my leg as we rode in the carriages. As the castle came into view my breath stopped. It looked as though nothing had happened there but I and so many others knew that so much happened here. I bit my lip holding back the tears that threatened to fall as I thought of last year. I looked over to Ron and Ginny seeing them looking at the castle the same as me. They had lost Freddie there last year and almost lost Ginny if Mrs Weasley hadn't stepped in. I quickly wiped away a tear that managed to fall. I felt 'Mione grabbed my hand giving me a reassuring squeeze. I took a breath and as we pulled up to the castle my breathing was back to normal. 

The five of us walked in with our heads held high not looking at anyone just at the Gryffindor table. Once we sat down we were greeted by Neville who blesses his heart looked terrified to be here again. Trust me Neville has grown a lot braver since the first year and it showed last year but he's still scared just like the rest of us. The seventh years all had tired expressions on their faces as they looked like they were haunted by the memories of the battle, which I'm sure they are.No one came out of it without at least some mental or physical scar to show what they'd seen. I had both, I had a long scar from the top of my back to the start of my thigh from falling while fighting Lestrange. 

McGonagall stood in front of us which made everyone go silent. I felt a pang in my chest thinking about Dumbledore and Snape's fate. " I'd like to say thank you to all the students who came back to make up for last year," She paused as there was a tense silence due to the mention of last year. She went over the usual rules for the school year and then let us eat. I was laughing with my friends like any other year but it still felt different, it always would. I sighed getting Hermione's attention but I just shook my head smiling. McGonagall stood in front of us all again making everyone go silent.

" The seventh years will not be having classes for the first week and will stay after lunch tomorrow for further explanation," She explained. I looked at my friends with a confused expression as I didn't understand why we didn't have classes, although I'm not complaining. "You may all go back to your common rooms now." We got up going back to the common room when we started talking about what it could be.

" Maybe new classes? Or she just wants to make sure we're all okay," I said shrugging.

" But wouldn't she have done that for everyone other than the first years since they were here last year?" Harry asked and I shrugged.

" Maybe I dunno," I said. " Ask Hermione she's all-knowing." I nudged her making her roll her eyes at me. I laughed saying goodnight to the boys Hermione doing the same as we made our way back upstairs. At least I wouldn't have to wait a long time to find out what it was just tomorrow. I went into a dreamless sleep with these thoughts.