Chapter 28: Sexy Campers

"So... Staying with the odd couple, huh?"

Kale quirked his lip up and gave Raven a lopsided smile. "Looks that way."

His bag was packed with enough clothes to last him three or four days. Any more and he would seem over confident. If they wanted him there longer, he could always come back and get more. Raven stood in his doorway and watched as he surveyed his room. Little bastard was barely containing his excitement.

"Hey Kale, I know I've teased you all day, but I really am happy for you." That was Raven, teasing out of love. Or happiness. Or just because she liked watching people squirm.

Kale nodded his head while grabbing his tattered black backpack. He felt like his face was going to crack, the constant smile was making his jaw hurt. But when he tried to not smile, it happened anyway. Raven gave him a hug and they walked through the house with their arms around each other. They could see Aiden illuminated by the porch light, leaning against his car, talking on his phone. He'd pull the phone away from his ear, grimace, and then smile.

"You know, I have a feeling he might be talking to Reegan." Raven chuckled as he went through another pull away with the phone. Almost absentmindly, she added, "K, that man out there? I'm beginning to think he really does love you. A lot. God, you should have seen his face when he saw Jason's arms around you. I'm surprised all he did was dislocate his shoulder." Unlike her shudders from earlier that day, the one Kale felt ripple through her, was real.

Jason was a problem. A problem that neither one wanted to talk about. What was with his sudden stalker status? He was a hit it and quit it kind of guy. His behavior was perplexing. Raven pushed her thoughts aside.

"That was some scary shit. I keep hearing that pop in my head. Anyways, yeah. Gross." Kale kept his eyes on Aiden as he headed out of the house.

Just as they hit the last step on the porch, Aiden ended his call, and straightened up. "All ready to go?" A mischievous glint in his eyes.

"Please get him out of here. His smile is making me sick to my stomach." Raven laughed when Kale let out an offended 'Hey!' and shoved him towards Aiden.

He went to the passenger side door and sat with his legs outside of the car. Aiden had walked up to Raven and was making sure Jeremy was, in fact, going to show up. At her confirmation, he ruffled her hair and came back to the car. He winked at Kale, got in, and turned the key. "You need to be all the way in, before we can leave."

Kale slid the rest of the way in and buckled up. Little tremors of excitement coursing through him, made him wiggle in the seat. Aiden kept an eye on him the whole way home. Before they turned into the driveway, he let out a warning. "Reegan is ecstatic that you're staying. And a hyper Reegan, means an exhausted Aiden. Just so you know."

What the hell did that mean? Exhausted how? By the time they pulled in the driveway, Kale had a feeling he might have a sneaking suspicion. Standing on the porch, with the light at her back, was a barely dressed Reegan. Black boy short undies and a grey Cradle of Filth tank top, left very little to the imagination. She was bouncing in place and clapping her hands. Her untamed curls catching the light and creating a dark halo around her head.

"Get ready for it," was all Aiden said before he got out of the car. Reegan was on him in an instant. Wiggling and giggling and covering his face in smacking kisses. Her head shot up when she head Kale's car door close. A final peck on Aiden's nose and she was off his chest and skipping to Kale. She didn't even give him time to prepare for it. Her arms flew out and she jumped on him.

"My Synie! You're okay!" She repated her wiggles. Stay down, Kale. Stay down! If she wraps her legs around you...

"Aww, you're happy to see me! But you have to wait. I have a surpsrise. Onward to the living room!" Reegan wrapped her legs around him tighter, as Kale walked to the house. She was making it difficult, bouncing in his arms, and knowing damn well what she was doing. He looked down at her and those brown eyes were shimmering with deviance. When they reached the door, she hopped down, slowly opened it and yelled, "Ta-daaaa!"