Core! Wheatley x Reader: "Rotten Dreams And Lovely comfort"

💙💙
In the slowly rising elevator stood (Y/N), chest heaving up and down and sweat pouring down they're face, They we're tired as well as frightened of what had become of they're Friend and Companion "Wheatley.." They rasped out under they're breath. All they wanted to do was explain themselves, they wanted to tell Wheatley that they had cared this Entire time, That they had wanted to fix things between them. (Y/N) never meant to hurt they're darling friends feelings, no, he wasn't a friend He was more then that and he was all that they had In the  Aperture science facility.

The elevator came to a halt. The potato perched on (Y/N)'s portal gun eerily silent, they took a breath as the doors had opened. The human cautiously stepped out of the elevator, the space they we're in was dark and foreboding. as if they hadn't had control of they're own feet (Y/N) began walking toward the small rooms exit and stepped through. It was a dark hallway almost, it was also fairly decrepit. Wires hung haphazardly from the ceiling, offering they're faint light from the small Sparks leaving them, there was an odd liquid dripped from the ceiling as well, Water, (Y/N) had noted.

They're feet began carrying themselves foward once more, the floor seemingly creaking under the humans weight.

"Why did you leave me?" A hushed voice whispered out, (Y/N) perked at the familiar voice "Wheatley?" They had whispered back, wary and unsure if that had been they're dear friend.

"Why luv..?" The voice continued, this time getting louder "I Trusted you, I've done everything for you, I've helped you..And what did I get in return..?" A small chuckle followed "You left me, You planned this all along haven't you? You wanted to leave Ol' Wheatley down here to rot with that- that MONSTER-" the ground began to rumble "Wheatley!" (Y/N) called out "Well I've had enough of your Games (Y/N).." The cores voice hissed out they're name, causing the Human to flinch "I'll teach you.. I'LL TEACH YOU!"

The ground under (Y/N) had began giving out, they gasped in Surprise and began falling into. Pit of darkness.

-----
A sharp gasp ripped from (Y/N)'s throat "Wheatley!" She shouted, Jolting up from the spot on her bed. They're gaze darted around the room before landing on the pillow next to them, there sat Wheatley. The cores Shutters slowly opened, his blue optic flaring to life and lighting the space between the two.

(Y/N) let out a sigh a relief, lowering themselves back onto the bed and wrapping they're arms tightly around the core. Wheatley blinked owlishly as they're optic shifted toward the human currently smothering Him "(Y/N), luv. Are you Alright?" The core asked, clearly sensing his human partners obvious distress "Did I do anything wrong?"

"No no no!" (Y/N) Gasped "It was a bad dream.." the Human gave the core one last squeeze before letting him back down to the pillow that was usually next to they're head "Was it about The facility, aperture?" Wheatley asked, his optics light shining on his dear Human. "I- kinda?" (Y/N) sighed and lowered they're head onto they're own pillow. Wheatley's upper shutter lowered itself a bit "Luv, we're safe now! That was only uh..erm..How long ago did we make it out of there?" The core had seemed to have forgotten. (Y/N) chuckled to themself "Five years, four for you since you  arrived back from Space a Year after I had escaped" The core had made a sound as if he was clearing his Non-existent throat "I knew that! But all that matters is the Now ya'know?"

"Yeah..I know Wheatley.." they had signed again.

"What else was it about? Was that nasty GLaDOS chasin' you down? did you get shot by turrets ooor.." Wheatley was stopped by a soft giggle "No no..! It wasn't that at all, it was nothing" (Y/N) was growing calmer by the second just talking to the silly personality sphere trying to get more awnsers out of them, it was cute if they we're honest "It's just a dream anyway, maybe I'll tell you about it later?"

"Mmmm.." the core hummed "Alright!" He chirped out. (Y/N)'s eyes shifted toward the window, they hadn't noticed till now but it was raining "Hey Wheatley?" The core hummed in response.

"I love you." (Y/n) whispered out, they're eyes Slowly shutting once more.

The core paused for a moment before responding "I love you too. Sweet dreams."

Let's just say (Y/N) didin't have another bad dream that night.

---
.
.
.
.
.

For my first fanfiction I gotta say it wasn't that bad! I hope whoever's reading enjoyed this 💙