You Make my Cogs Turn (Core!Wheatley x Reader FLUFF)

(I had nothing else to really put in the header COUGH, anyways. Here's a Request from H4RDW4RE_ I Decided to combine two of your prompts since I like them a bunch! General Wheatley Fluff Plus Some Dorks watching the Sunrise! I've also left The readers gender and overall identity ambiguous for anyone's interpretation)

-----------

(Y/N) has always enjoyed the Sunrise, They came to appreciate it a lot more once escaping aperture. Now they had somebody else to enjoy it with, to cherish the moment with, to-

"(Y/N)? Not to rush you or anything but the sun should be rising any moment now. Don't you think we should get going? Not to rush you--" wheatley babbled out, his optic shifting around the room while resting on his little seat. Oh, they had been standing over the picnic basket Infront of them for a while.. Haven't they.
"Sorry about that Wheatley. Come on, we should be getting a move on." (Y/N)'s head turned toward their companion, No. Partner, and gave him a small grin.
They hurried over and held wheatley under their arm, taking the picnic basket with the other and pratically to sprinting toward the door.

"Woah! Slow down! You're going to drop me--" wheatley said, quite disoriented with His partners sudden take off.
"And wouldn't it be a lot easier to Oh- I don't know- carry me in that basket you've got? By the way, why did you decide to bring it? You know I can't eat with you." Wheatley had asked curiously, watching (Y/N) struggle to open the door. Still succeeding to do it somehow and shutting it behind them.
"I brought it just in case I got hungry" they hummed, setting the basket and wheatley down to take their keys and lock the door. It wasn't like anyone was going to break in though, they both decided to live in a pretty far off rural area, much farther from where (Y/N) has initially been thrown out by GLaDOS.

"Alright! Let's get out of here." (Y/N) picked the basket and their metal boyfriend back up and headed off further up hill from they're little, yet Comfortable cottage. Wheatley seemed to be ecstatic as they had made the trek upward.
"Sooo...(Y/N), sunset here seems like such a big deal to you. If you like it then it must be rather grand! I know I've seen the sun up close for a year or so, but seeing it from a reasonable distance without there being a risk of me being flung into it will be Grander!" Wheatley said, looking up to his partner. A small glint of admiration in his Optic.

"well, yeah it's special. I haven't felt the Sun on my skin for a while when I first left the labs. And the sunset from here is really beautiful, it was also the first thing I saw when I left, or rather kicked out." They said, finally reaching it to the top of the hill. (Y/N) set their stuff down and eagerly  began taking the comfortable blanket they had gotten a while ago out of the picnic basket, which was a little hard to do with one hand since they we're holding wheatley still. It took only a bit for them to properly set it down and sit, placing wheatley comfortably on their lap.

"(Y/N). I've realized somthing" wheatley spoke up after a couple of minutes of silence, his optic shifting up to the human, his bottom eye shutter rising up to form a sort of happy expression.
"What's on that brilliant mind of yours Wheats." (Y/N) asked, their gaze moving from the skyline to the core in their lap

The core would have flushed if he could "I..Like the sunset is special to you, you're special to me like that-- erm. No..that's no it...the sun it.. you're like-" he stopped himself as he was cut of by his partner.
"Are you trying to say; like the Sunset is special to me, I'm special to you?" (Y/N) spoke up, a small smile forming on their lightly flushed face.

"Yes! That's it! Brilliant, luv!" He chuckled out "ah, you make my Cogs Turn (Y/N).." Wheatley uttered dreamily, his optic moving back to the now slowly rising sun."

(Y/N) chuckled back, following her partners eyes to the horizon "Vise Versa."

"I love you to the moon and back."

-----

A/N: HOOOO BOY. I'm pretty proud of this one--- I hope y'all enjoyed it!