"I do, but it hasn't even been a full day and I miss him so much. I don't know how I'm going to get through this."

"I know what you mean. It's the worst feeling in the world," she sighs. "You're going to feel pain you've never known before."

"I already am."

"The best thing you can do is give him space. Keep yourself busy, don't let your work get on top of you. Things will work out in time," she assures me gently.

I nod. "Let's hope so."

We continue walking, circling right around town. We call it quits when my shoes begin to rub the back of my heels. We order takeaway for dinner. I feel lost when Ellie heads back home. I don't want to be alone with my thoughts anymore.

After I eat, I force myself to go to the library and get some work done. I need to distract my mind from the pain.

Since my call earlier today, I haven't tried reaching out to Jake again. I decide to send one more text and then leave it. No point harassing him. I need to listen to Ellie and give him space.

Callum: I hope you're okay and that we can talk soon. I love you so much. I hope you know that.

I press send and put my phone away. I immerse myself in my book, trying to get myself ahead in the weekly readings.

"Hey you," a voice startles me.

"Hey," I smile at Lena who fills the empty seat beside me. "How are you?"

"Hungover," she admits with a groan. "Did you end up coming back to the party last night? I didn't see you?"

I shake my head. "I had a thing come up."

"Hope everything is okay," she says with a kind smile. I'm unsure what to reply because everything is definitely not okay, but I don't really want to go into it either.

"Shush!" a cross-looking girl down the end of our table frowns at us.

"You shush!" Lena snaps back.

The girl glares at us. She dramatically gathers her things and stomps away from the table.

"Anyway," Lena shrugs, planting her chin in the palm of her hand, directing her golden gaze to me. "What are you up to after this?"

"No plans," I reply. "Trying to keep myself distracted."

"From what?"

"I'm going through a breakup."

"Oh, I'm sorry."

"It's a bit of a mess," I sigh, running my fingers through my hair.

"I have the perfect remedy for a broken heart," she grins at me. "Come on, let's go."

"Where are we going?" I ask.

She doesn't answer but instead helps me put my textbook and laptop into my bag. The amount of people in the library has significantly thinned out since I arrived. I glance at the clock and am surprised to see I was here for almost two hours.

"We're going into town?" I question as she leads me the opposite direction of the on-campus living area.

"Yep, have you got your Go Card on you?"

"Sure do."

A ten-minute tram ride drops us in front of a BWS store.

"I thought you were hungover?"

"Nothing cures a hangover like drinking," she winks at me.

"Fair call."

After getting a six-pack each, Lena leads me down a sandy path to the beach. The wind claps in my face a little harshly but it feels oddly satisfying.