Into the Abyss:

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Dimitri look out!" Byleth shouted as a miasma ball came hurling right at Dimitri, he barely managed to dodge the attack in the nick of time. Dimitri thanked her, Byleth was thinking over where that attack could have possibly come from when she noticed on one of the walls it had a massive gap in it. Byleth approached it and sure enough this is where the attack came from, she peered over and saw the pink haired woman from before. "Claude, Ashe" Byleth hissed, the two came to her call "I need you both to attack her with your arrows from over here" Byleth said. The two nodded and began to follow their orders and got closer to the wall to attack. Claude struck first, he managed to hit the woman once but with his second hit he missed her completely. Byleth heard him curse under his breath.

Next Ashe took aim and shouted "I won't lose" as he struck the woman with a critical attack.

"This isn't fun anymore" the woman whined, "I'm going to retreat" she yelled towards Constance and the purple haired man, before she fled. The seven of the students continued on through another passageway that was nearby, there they ran into a few archers and mages. They fought with them until the students emerged victorious from the fight.

"Prepare yourselves" A shrill voice shouted "For I Constance Von Nuvelle will not lose" Constance laughed as she lunged an attack at Ashe. She landed a good blow onto Ashe , however Ashe was quick and attacked her right back and with one hit he managed to disarm the Pegasus she was riding on. Constance groaned as she fell to the floor "It's not that I'm defeated" she winced, then added "I'm just temporarily grounded"before she fled off to the sidelines with the other two. With Constance now out of the way a group of roughs being led by the purple haired man began to surround the students. The roughs attacked first and once they were defeated the man came and launched an attack at Byleth, he was fast and managed to strike her twice with his sword. Byleth fought back and managed to get a few of her own hits in, then Dimitri swooped in to finish the man off.

"Heh heh" the man laughed "Maybe I got a bit carried away, Nah..." he said while he waited for his three companions to join him to talk to the students.

"It's safe to say we won this round, don't you think?" Claude said approaching the four strangers, "Uh... what was it?" he asked.

"The name's Balthus" the first man said "I don't lose too often, but I can at least recognize what it looks like" Balthus added.

"Balthus... Balthus..." Hilda murmured then her head shot up and she shouted "Balthus?!" with a shocked expression. "From house Albrecht?!Baltie is that you?!" she asked "Whew, haha! You look, uh... old" Hilda laughed.

"Huh? Do we know each other, pal?" Balthus asked while examining Hilda "Wait a minute... That hair. Those eyes. That voice!" He shouted "Hilda?!" Balthus said in disbelief "I don't believe it! Holst's little sis?" he added with shock. "Heh" he laughed "I don't believe it. Little Hilda herself. Why didn't you speak up sooner?" Balthus laughed.

"Baltie" Hilda shouted "This isn't the time to catch up" she added "What would Holst think?! I bet you didn't even consider that, did you?" Hilda scolded.

"Yeesh... I dunno, but it wouldn't be nice" Balthus said embarrassed. Hilda just stared at him with a disappointed look on her face. "Look, sorry. Ok? Just don't tell Holst" Balthus begged, "If he knew I raised a hand against you, he'd have my head" he added.

"Ha! Like he'd stop at your head" Hilda scoffed "Fine though, just this once and just for you I'll keep quiet." Hilda said with a stern expression. Byleth thought about how this is the most serious she's ever seen Hilda normally she is so carefree.

Claude interrupted their conversation "Now that that's sorted..." he said questioningly "What did you mean about it being lucky that you found me?" Claude asked Balthus.