Chapter 42: I Love You (Alex & Sierra)

Start from the beginning

"I was in highschool, I was young, dumb, and stupid." He said lightly. "But I guess, you can never forgive me, no matter what I do, you just can't forgive me." His tears are falling again. "I get it. And I don't want to put you again in misery, I guess this is what true and real love really means." He added. "I am letting you go and I promise I won't trouble you no more," he says then he walked to me and presses his lips to my forehead.

The moment I saw Harry turning his back on me and walked away from me, the tears that I was holding on earlier started falling through my cheeks non-stop. Why are you crying? I asked myself. Isn't this what you want? You saw how broken he was? You won the game but why do you feel defeated?

When I reached the house, Blake immediately welcomed me with a comforting hug. And I told her what happened in between sobs. My heart is in so much pain, even more painful that I felt before. The looked on his face, broken and defeated as he mumbled the words 'Í am letting you go and I promise you I won't trouble you no more' kept on replaying in my head.

"Maybe, it's time for you to finally admit to yourself that indeed you still love him," Blake said after a while.

We are in the living, sitting beside each other on the long couch while I am holding a box of Kleenex.

"How can I even love him after everything he did to me?" I questioned.

"You know our hearts are really deceitful, they love the person our minds are telling us not to." She said smiling. "Harry is your first love, you got to experience all of your first with him, and you and him never really ended you know. You left but it doesn't mean it ended."

Blake knows everything. I told her everything that happened, she is the only person I trusted the most with my story. And for the longest time that we have been friends she never once judge me.

"Don't think that I am siding with Harry, but have you ever thought that maybe, he really did love you? That it may have started as a bet, but along the way he fell for you and you are just too angry to see that."

I didn't know how to respond. For the past seven years all I did was to be angry at Harry. All I can think about is how to be beautiful and successful so people will not lookdown on me. Harry is the only person aside from my parents who kept on telling me that I was beautiful and often times I didn't believe him. He pursued me and won against Niall, he poured out his heart to me and became really vulnerable. Aside from his mom, I was the only one who knew he could draw and that he was good at it. He told me about his dreams and he was going to follow me to NYU. Was that not real love? Or I just got blinded by the pain that I refused to see the truth?

The next day, I had to call in sick cause I was too weak to get up. Not even sure if I have gotten any sleep cause I couldn't stop myself from crying. And it feels awful and I can't even blame Harry for the pain I am in. The heartache is just too much for me.

A slight knock on the door stopped my head from wondering around the thought of Harry. Blake walked in all dressed up and ready to go to the office. The digital clock on my nightstand said it's eight in the morning.

"How are you?" she asked with too much concern on her tone.

The last thing I want is to make her worry about me but I couldn't lie to her. Not to Blake.

"I feel awful and I am the one to blame," I cried.

She sat on the bed and pulled me in a tight embrace. I am just so glad that I have her. She is indeed my rock.

"Why don't you try to talk to him," she said. "There is nothing wrong to admit that you made a mistake, and there is absolutely nothing wrong to give you guys a chance, talk through your issues and see where it goes." She goes on as she continues to comfort me. "You don't owe anyone an explanation for giving yourself and Harry another shot. It's better to fight for it, than to just lose without even doing anything,"

Blake really does know what to say and often times she is right, no wonder her relationship with Ryan is smooth sailing.

"Go take a shower, you don't want your boyfriend getting turned off because you stink!" She teased.

Laughing at her I am so thankful of Blake, her presence encourage me to be brave and not to feel sorry for what I am to do. Apologizing to Harry is so not me, at least the person I have made to be for the past seven years.

Dressed in a gray knitted sweater and skinny jeans, paired with my suede ankle boots I didn't waste anytime. Taking a cab I went straight to the hotel where he was staying. Walking at The Langham Hotel I tried dialing his number but it was turned off. Honestly, I don't exactly know what to tell him. Maybe when I see him, words will just come out and let my heart speak out.

The receptionist at the reception area immediately smiled at as she sees me approaching. I think she is in her early twenties.

"Welcome to The Langham Hotel Maám," she greeted me.

"Good morning, I have an appointment with Mr. Harry Styles, could ring his room please," I said trying to match her enthusiasm.

"May I have your name Maám?"

"Taylor Swift"

"For a while Maám,"

My heart is beating so fast as I patiently waited for the receptionist, she went on to her computer to check.

"Maám," she called me after a while. "Mr. Styles already checked out last night,"

My knees automatically turned wobbley and all the hopes I have build up on the way here came crashing to me. I am not sure if I responded to the receptionist but I found myself walking away from her. Feeling, I might collapse any moment, I decided to take a rest on the lounge, sitting on the vacant couch, I dialed his number again. My tears fell from my eyes as soon as I heard the operator that the line in unavailable.

Harry is gone. He left. Indeed, he let me go and he won't trouble me no more. The pain in my heart is excruciating, like I was stabbed by a knife and someone had to twist it. And I can't even blame him cause this time it's all on me. All on me.

Yay! Here's another chapter for your guys!
I know most of you wants to see more of a jealous Harry but I couldn't kept on Taylor on the game. Also, I know that the song title is not from either 1D or Harry or Taylor, its actually sang by Alex and Sierra which was written by Harry. It was als 'rumored'to be his response to Taylor's I knew you were trouble. And it felt appropriate for the chapter.

I just wanna say thank you for all the support and love that you are giving this story. I hope that you are all doing safe and staying healthy. I pray that this pandemic will end soon.

Lots of love!
-X