Chapter 10 | Worries

Začať od začiatku

And those two did exactly that. Kuroo caught Tsukishima with Yamaguchi, so he started talking to them. Kenma just went straight to the nurse's office.

"Shōyō?"

"He's asleep."

Kageyama looked down at the blonde-ish boy. Kenma felt a chill up his back, clenching his fists.

"Kageyamaaaa! You're scaring him!" The ray of sunshine bounded over.

Kenma shakily breathed out.

"Sorry." The tall, raven haired boy awkwardly scratched the back of his neck.

"Hiya Kenma!"

"Hello, Shōyō."

"How are you?"

"Good. More importantly, how are you doing? I heard a large wave hit you."

"I'm good as well! Annoying as he is, Kageyama saved me!"

Kageyama looked a little irritated, but tried his best to be relaxed.

"Oh. Thanks you then, Kageyama-Kun."

Kageyama bowed slightly.

"He's my classmate. It's no biggie."

"Wanna go play a game of volleyball before we have to sleep?" Hinata smiled.

Kenma sighed, smiling softly.

"Sure. Lemme go get a few other then."

"Yay!"

{ ~ }

Yamaguchi stared the ceiling before looking around. He just woke up again. It's was 12:00am. Everyone went to sleep at 9:30pm. Something kept him awake. A feeling in his gut and a small pain in his lungs. He slowly got up. He saw Ennoshita and Tsukishima were gone. He put his blanket down, walking slowly out of the room. He got his slippers on and walked around outside.

It didn't take him long to find Tsukishima. He found him longing around one of the walkways between the gyms and the cabins.

"Ennoshita isn't with you?"

"No. I have no idea where he is."

"Oh."

"What's the point in this?"

"To help-"

"We don't even know if we're actually helping; what's the point? Next summer, it's just gonna get ruined again."

"Is this about today, at the beach?"

Tsukishima slammed his hand on the wall.

"This is about everything. They could be lying."

Tsukishima always had trust issues. His brother lied to him. Lied to him about how his blindness was gonna get better. About how he was the student council president and a soccer player. A liar.

"This is pointless. I'm pointless, we all are. Just less than specks of dust. We're like sand. We're annoying."

Something grew in Yamaguchi. A fire, a spark, his feelings.

"That's not true."

"Yes, it is, Yamaguchi."

"No."

"Just shut up."

"NO, YOU SHUT UP! I'M SICK AND TIRED OF HOW NEGATIVE YOU ARE!"

Tsukishima turned his head in surprise. Yamaguchi's eyes widened, backing up out of fear. He snapped, he stepped out of line.

"Yamaguchi. I'm gonna be negative. I'm just gonna be useless forever. I'm going blind. Can't you see? You can possibly recover, I can't. Suga, our upperclassmen. He's gonna die. I can't help it."

Yamaguchi was in his face in a second, holding his collar with his hands. His hands were trembling, but his grip was tight.

"WHAT THE HELL DO YOU NEED BESIDES YOUR OWN PRIDE?!"

Tears lined the freckled boy's face. The blonde boy softened for a second. Yamaguchi lost his grip, heavily breathing. Just like the fire growing in Yamaguchi, a fire started in Tsukishima.

"You know, when did you become this? So cool, so confident."

Yamaguchi's eyes widened, still crying.

"You follow me like a pup. As much as you aspire for my confident, I aspire for yours. Your hope? It's as bright as that annoying Hinata. I'm proud of you, in a way."

He turned his head away. Yamaguchi's eyes lit up like the moon, sniffling.

"Thank you."

"I should be thanking you."

The two best friends shook hands before hugging, both of them grinning.

Tsukishima was aiming for something now. He was gonna shoot for the stars.

If he missed...he'll land on the moon.

——————————————————————

A/N: Wooo! That was a nice one to write. That connected to me and my friends in a sense, felt deep. Yamaguchi is my fav tbh, so I might just be picking favorites -3-

Anyways, hope you guys are liking this! This is quite a fun thing for my free time and boredom. It relieves stress and I like seeing your guys' reactions to certain things.

Now enough sappy stuff, until next chapter! :D

————————————————————————

!!BONUS!!:

Ennoshita sat in the gym, alone. He was surely gonna tell Suga and Daichi. At the cost of getting in trouble, but he liked seeing his classmates improve. Mentally, physically. Tanaka and Nishinoya always showed optimism, unlike Tsukishima. Ennoshita understood Tsukishima. And he was glad Yamaguchi was the tall boy's friend. Both of them could've done something utterly horrible if they didn't meet each other.