Chapter 38

Yoohyeon's POV

"M-Minji?"

I was frozen

I was frozen. My legs felt weak and I was sure I was going to faint. My heart was beating so hard and so fast I thought it would explode! My eyes were glossy. I couldn't just believe that she was there, in front of me. She was staring back at me. Her dark eyes were looking straight into mine. Her black hair were a lighter colour of black now. Her smile was still there, the same as I remembered it. Her cheeks seemed the same as before too. Pink and round. She was wearing a grey suit and she seemed so beautiful. So ethereal. I, on the other hand was wearing for once a total white suit. I was speechless. I was sure that someone was pranking me.

"Yoohyeon" She said. Her voice so velvet. She came close to me. My heart was beating even faster and now my legs were even weaker, like jelly. My vision became blurry because of my tears and I was sure I fell there. Minji fortunately caught me just in time. She smiled to me and helped me stood up. She was holding me by my waist tightly, afraid that I will fall again. And I was glad that she did. Cause I couldn't feel my legs. So,...she was there! She was really there! It wasn't a prank!

She dragged me carefully inside, made me sit on the couch and then left to go to the kitchen. I was breathing heavily. I was sure I was going to pass out at any moment. She soon was back with a glass of water in her hands. She sat beside me and gave me the glass. She was unsure if I could even hold the glass of water. So she kept holding it with me helping me drink the water. When I finished it she took the glass and left again.

I was once again left alone in the living room. I closed my eyes and took a few deep breaths. But unfortunately I couldn't calm myself. I was on edge. My hands were trembling, I couldn't still feel my legs and I was sweating. A lot. My body was burning actually. Like as if it was set on fire. My lungs felt so weak and all I could do was take deep, slow breaths. Minji returned back at the living room and sat next to me.

"Are you feeling any better?" She asked me. Why was this so familiar? Yeah, right. She always took care of me. I opened my mouth to answer to her but my voice was hoarse, and I couldn't even feel my mouth or tongue. So I just shook my head. She made me lie down on the couch and told me to take deep steady breaths. And that's what I did. Slowly slowly I started feeling better. I stood up, now sitting on the couch and tried to calm myself again. I opened my mouth. Minji was waiting patiently for me. My voice was still hoarse but I could move my tongue now.

"...water..." I managed to mumble. She ran immediately to bring me some, again. I drank it and then I tried to take a few breaths again. I was already feeling better. And I could slightly feel my legs now.

"I never thought that you would be this surprised to see me." Minji joked to lighten up the mood a bit.

"...after... a whole year... your first words to me are those? Of course I would be surprised! I- I wasn't expecting you to come! How did you... want me to react? Be happy? Of course I am... But it was just...too unexpected!" I said and took a few deep breaths again. My voice came out weak and hoarse.