Chapter 29

Yoohyeon's POV

And just like that a whole month was passed by. Me and Minji were going on dates almost every day. The rest of the days that we weren't going for dates we were hanging out with our friends. It was so good to be with people who loved you and cared for you. And people who you loved and cared for. But good things are always for a little time. That's how life had taught me to at least...

One morning Minji was supposed to pick me up. We were going to go to Dami's house and have breakfast all together. But... She never showed up. I tried to call her but I couldn't reach her. I called everyone and they didn't know what was wrong with her. Bora said she was going to stop by her house to see what was wrong.

We were at Dami's house when Bora came. She was looking tired and also a bit... Well, weird.

"What is it? Is she alright?" I asked her worriedly. She didn't answer me.

"Tell me Bora. Is she alright?" I asked louder this time. She nodded. She sat down and signaled us to sit down too. She took in a few deep breaths and started talking.

"She is at her house. I barely got to see her. Her father is really strict and wants her to have a relationship with an old friend of hers who came yesterday night to town. She was studying abroad for some years. Her parents left this town a few years ago to live in Russia. So she doesn't have a home here. Her father and Minji's family were really good friends so Minji's father said he would take care of her. So she will live with them. And he and them agreed for Minji and that girl to be in a relationship. Her father believes she's the best mate for Minji. She is her friend so she knows her, Minji also used to have a crush for AleXa back then and she is from a really rich family too. So... That AleXa girl is the best option. Minji disagreed though and told them that she is in a relationship with you. He got mad and locked her to her room. And he said he is going to come and talk to you. To make you break up with her. He told me to tell you to break up with her before he comes to you. You won't like him Yoo."

"I'm sure I won't like him. Who is he to ruin his daughter's happiness just so he can have more money? No, I'm not going to break up with Minji." I said determined. I stood up and went straight to Minji's house.

I knocked on the door and when I told the bodyguards who I was a man around his fifties went outside and signaled them to let me in.

"You must be Kim Yoohyeon, right? My daughter's friend." He said. His voice was empty and cold.

"Yes. I'm her girlfriend." I said proudly. He cleared his throat ignoring my statement.

"I'm her father. Come to my office. We have some things to talk about." He said. And that was my first time watching Minji's house. Even if I didn't see it all. It was a really big one. And a really expensive one I could say. I immediately felt so small. Minji was right. But I was also feeling small cause I was without her. And her father seemed so cold. It stressed me so much.

We went to his office and we sat down. He arranged some files and then he crossed his arms. He took a deep breath and took out a pack of much money.

"Is that enough?" He asked me. I looked at him confused.

"You want more? I can give you more." He said and was about to give me more.

"What are you talking about Mr. Kim?" I asked him thinking for the worst.

"I'm saying that you had fun with my daughter. Yeah. She use to do that. Having crushes and affairs. But now it's the true world. And she won't be with you. You are nothing. So what I'm saying is, is that money enough to break up with my daughter and leave her alone?" When I understood what he was saying I was about to faint, choke on my own breath or even vomit.