Chapter6

AN: Gosh, I can't believe that this is published! Wattpad is refusing to let me publish anything! 

____________________________________________________________________________

The du'a to be recited when shaking hands:

يَغْفِرُ اللهُ لَنَا وَلَكُمُ

May Allah forgive us and you

'The person who performs Salaah before the sun rises and before it sets (i.e. Fajr and Asr) shall never enter the Fire (of Jahannam).' (Sahih Muslim)

The Prophet Sallallahu Alyhi Wassallam said: "Any woman who applies perfume and then goes out among the people so that they could smell her fragrance is a zaaniyah (adulteress)."

(Reported by Imam Ahmad, 4/418; see also Sahih al-Jaami', 105).

"And tell the believing women to lower their gaze (from looking at forbidden things), and protect their private parts (from illegal sexual acts) and not to show off their adornment except only that which is apparent (like both eyes for necessity to see the way, or outer palms of hands or one eye or dress like veil, gloves, headcover, apron), and to draw their veils all over Juyoobihinna (i.e. their bodies, faces, necks and bosoms) and not to reveal their adornment except to their husbands, or their fathers, or their husband's fathers, or their sons, or their husband's sons, or their brothers or their brother's sons, or their sister's sons, or their (Muslim) women (i.e. their sisters in Islâm), or the (female) slaves whom their right hands possess, or old male servants who lack vigour, or small children who have no sense of feminine sex. And let them not stamp their feet so as to reveal what they hide of their adornment. And all of you beg Allaah to forgive you all, O believers, that you may be successful."

[An-Noor 24:31] 

Chapter 6: 

Dihya's POV:

I carried Mardiyyah to the bed in the guest room after I'd called Dr Tahmid. She said that she was on her way, and that she'd be there in an hour and I shouldn't worry, but I needed to make Mardiyyah lie down. I took out her jilbaab, niqaab, scarf and gloves, and covered her with the duvet, making sure that her neck was not pressed upon.

I left the room and walked over to the kitchen, where mummy, Maryam and Faheem were still shaken by the situation with Zayd and were currently giving the story to the policemen who'd come over.

Who is Zayd, do you ask? Zayd is an orphan child that Ihsaan's sister took care of. Faheem and I were especially fond of the little guy.

Ihsaan's step mum always hated Zayd, for some unknown reason. I guess today, she just...blew it.

'She...she came into the house, and just... I don't know!' my mother told the policemen that were taking her statement. Ihsaan's sister had come over with him, and they'd taken Zayd away. The Janaazah would be after Isha and Faheem and I would attend, In Shaa Allah.

After a little while, she spoke again.

'I was cooking, and well...cooking, when someone rung the doorbell. I went to open it, naturally, and there she stood, as drunk as a skunk, holding Zayd in her arms. I didn't realise that she was drunk, at first, but soon I did, when she slurred and stumbled around. As soon as she saw a picture of Maryam...she... she...' mummy burst into tears and clutched onto Maryam.