Chapter2

02:

Oh mankind! We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female, and made you into nations and tribes, that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise each other). Verily the most honoured of you in the sight of Allah is (he who is) the most righteous of you. And Allah has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things).

So, verily, with every difficulty, there is relief. [94:5] 

Or do ye think that ye shall enter the Garden (of bliss) without such (trials) as came to those who passed away before you? They encountered suffering and adversity and were so shaken in spirit that even the Apostle and those of faith who were with him cried: 

"When (will come) the help of Allah?" 

Ah! Verily, the help of Allah is (always) near! 

Narrated by Ibn 'Abbas Radhiyallahu Anh: The Prophet Sallallahu Alayhi Wassallam sent Mu'adh Radhiyallahu Anh to Yemen and said, "Be afraid from the Du'aa of the oppressed as there is no screen between his supplication and Allah." (Bukhari)

Chapter 2:

Dihya's POV:

The nurse helped Mardiyyah onto a clean bed. She had taken her to the bathroom and changed her bloodied clothes and bed sheets.

Alhumdulillah, what had happened wasn't very serious. The nurse who had put on Mardiyyah's drip couldn't find a vein in her arm or foot, so she put the needle into her neck. Mardiyyah had moved at an awkward angle and because of the way the needle was poked, it had come out. She now had a small hole in her neck and the nurse said that if it wasn't covered properly, it would continue bleeding, which would be dangerous. But Shukr, Alhumdulillah, if it was looked after carefully, after a month the wound would be healed.

Mardiyyah's father still hadn't contacted me and I was getting a little bit worried. She was going to ask where he was, and if I said that he ignored my calls, messages and refused to call me back, she'd become even more upset.

I watched Mardiyyah's face scrunch up in pain, as the nurse roughly poked the drip into a vein in her left arm. A tear trickled down her cheek, but she quickly wiped it away.

The nurse that was helping her was absolutely unfriendly and was hurting her more than helping. The urge to walk over and punch her got stronger with every passing second. But, I had to keep my calm and stand in this corner, or else I'd be kicked out, and I couldn't have that. No, not at all! My love needed me...

Mardiyyah's POV:

She was handling me as if I was a rag doll. My side was hurting even more as I got on to the bed.

Dihya...

The only thing-or person- on my mind, since I had woken up, was Dihya. Even though he was there, I was not allowed to see him at that moment. And that, was absolutely heartbreaking. I didn't have any idea where he was then.