Chapter 8: The Night is Young

Start from the beginning

"So I have this feeling, uhm, and then... uhm... I don't even know where to start, Lance." Guinevere started to get frustrated. She and Lance are really close and keepers of each others' secrets but it's really hard for her to open up this time because first, she didn't want Lance to know about a Paxley being friendly to her and two, she really didn't know how to describe how she feels.

"You can do it, baby. Take your time, I'm right here with you." Lancelot waited patiently for her sister to compose her thoughts.

"So... uhm, there's this guy in class. He is really friendly to me, and then I had this dream that I was with him like we're lovers or something, you know, it felt so real. From then on, that dream kept rewinding on my mind and sometimes I just couldn't stop thinking about him. I feel so powerless, Lance. I don't like this feeling. What should I do?"

"Don't fight it." Lancelot responded. The more you do, the more it fights back.

"But he only sees me as a friend. He likes someone else. I know I don't care but I feel like my heart is being ripped off my chest. It's crazy."

"Guinevere... you are falling in love, my baby." Lancelot answered Guinevere calmly.

"No, Lance, I am not!" Guinevere knows what her brother told her might be true but she wanted to hear the opposite to convince herself it's just nothing.

"You have to acknowledge it, Guinny. Remember what you have always been telling me? Do whatever makes you happy. You were the reason I ran away from the castle... I'm just kidding, little sister. All I'm saying is, don't deprive yourself to be happy. You deserve all the beautiful things in the world. Including that guy. Wait, is he handsome like me?"

"LANCE!!! I hate you!"

"And I love you too." Lancelot laughed sweetly. "I miss you Guinny."

"I love and miss you too, Lance."

"I know you'll figure out what to do. You're a smart and strong woman. Even stronger than me. But if that guy ever hurt you, I swear I'd go there and kill him." Lancelot suddenly became serious. He loves her sister so much.

The two ended their call. Guinevere felt better after talking to her brother and then went to the gym for a quick workout and then showered as soon as she went back to her flat. She opened her closet and picked a black dress. It's a sleeveless dress, about two inches above her knees. Not too revealing but her curves are emphasized. She put on a light pink lipstick and then curled the tips of her purple wig. She suddenly missed her golden curls.

A few minutes later Alucard texted. She went down and rode the car with Alucard and Granger. Granger was driving.

"You look so gorgeous, Athena." Granger complimented her with his usual low tone, emotionless voice.

"Oh, thanks Granger. You look good too!" Guinevere responded. She loves the company of these two.

"I'm going to let Gusion know that we picked you up. He'll kill me if we didn't." Alucard said as he started typing on his phone.

"He... will what?" Guinevere asked.

"He asked us to pick you up because he couldn't go back to the city before 9PM." Granger responded as he briefly looked at Guinevere sitting at the backseat, through the rearview mirror and then looked back on the road.

"Oh, I see. Thanks so much, guys! I didn't know Alu's life depends on me." Guinevere joked.

"That's how papa Gusion is when he cares about someone." Alucard teased.

Guinevere blushed. She was thankful it's dark in the backseat otherwise the two would surely notice.

The three arrived at the bar at 9:30PM. Everyone was almost there, except Gusion.

"Athena!!!" Angela ran towards Guinevere and gave her a drink.

She guided Guinevere to different tables and introduced her to the crowd. There's Layla, Gusion's friend and school admin, Miya the sweet silver-haired girl, Karrie, Lesley was there with them too and gave Guinevere a hug, and then Hanabi - the prettiest and sexiest among the group, she felt she would date her if she was a guy.

On the next table was Claude, Roger, Clint, Valir and Vale, and then a cute couple - Guinevere assumed, Hayabusa and Kagura.

There were mages who look like kids - Harith, Nana, Lylia, Chang'e, Wanwan - the tall kid, and then a guy named Ling - a beautiful celebrity-looking guy who looks like he's sharing the same skincare with her brother Lance, and then finally there was Zilong.

It was half past midnight and Angela finally stopped introducing Guinevere to anyone arriving. Guinevere was having fun though. She danced with Angela, Chou, Alucard and Granger. She didn't know how many drinks she had and started to feel dizzy so she excused herself and went out to catch some fresh air.

As she looked up at the sky outside, a warm presence suddenly stopped at her back. Gusion.

He gave Guinevere his usual smile that could make any girl go crazy. He was wearing a black shirt, black jeans, and sneakers. His hair was messy. It was like he brought hell to where they are right now, Guinevere started to feel her face burn.

"You look so beautiful tonight, Athena." Gusion complimented her as he stared at her eyes.

"You look so handsome too." Guinevere stared back at him. There was a long silence as the two stared at each other for a few seconds. Guinevere burst into laughter.

"Are you drunk already?" Gusion asked worried.

"I just had a few glasses. Let's go inside? They're waiting for you."

"Do you want to rest here for a bit? I think you drank too much already."

"Okay." Guinevere responded as she sat on a bench.

"I'll get you a glass of water." Gusion said.

"No, stay here with me please." Guinevere asked Gusion as she pulled his arm."

"Okay, I'm right here." He sat down beside Guinevere, worried that she will pass out anytime soon.

Guinevere leaned her head on Gusion's shoulder and then asked him. "Why are you so kind to me, Gusion?"

"Because you're my friend Athena, and you deserve to be treated well." Gusion responded.

"Gusion, I... uhm, I wanted to..." Guinevere moved closer to Gusion. Their lips inches closer. Gusion froze. His heart was pounding. His whole body started to heat up as he felt Guinevere's skin against him. He looked at Guinevere's eyes as she moved closer and closer to him.

"Gusion..."

"Ah, A-thena?..."