the encounter

Começar do início

"mom?" jonathan said as he got out of the car, "what happened?" his eyes met saturn's as she looked down at her feet & he felt the guilt roll over him all at once. joyce ushered jonathan to help her with saturn as they put her in the back seat of the car, where she passed out immediately as the pain had become too much to bare all at once. before the two byers got into the car joyce hugged jonathan. they stood in front of the car, on the dirt road, in front of the headlights, hugging, desperate to hold on to this feeling of security & hope.

siren started wailing behind the pair as the came closer & closer. a reminder to jonathan that they were here in this moment & will might be gone forever, but for joyce it was quiet the opposite. she ignored them & she was at peace with the new information that her youngest son was alive & she had a witness in the back of jonathan car that could prove her point further.

the byers held on tight to each other, but for all different reasons.

・・・ ・・・

saturn laid, finally at at peace. her mind drifting off to another realm to escape all the madness that was happening around her. a familiar face becoming her to join him.

"hey, hey," a tap was felt on her shoulder. "wake up."

004 stirred in her sleep as she was met with the kind face of her friend with curly brown locks. she blinked a couple times as she sat up & as she took the backs of her hands & rubbed her eyes. "what? what happened?" her words were slurred as she tried to wake up.

006 swallowed harshly as he watched the girl in front of him. "uh, it's," he paused as he sighed. "i just-"

"you went to that place?" 004 questioned. he nodded sheepishly as she moved over on the mattress so that they could both lay on it. this was a regular occurrence for the two. one would have a nightmare & get freaked out & then have to wake up the other & have them comfort them. it started at a young age & just seemed natural, but as they got older it became more awkward. nonetheless, 006 laid next to her as his arms wrapped around her waist, pulling her close & her hands rested on his chest & around his head. they held each other as they both drifted off to sleep that was free of nightmares & monsters.

when morning came, a guard came in to wake them up. they went for breakfast as they trudged done the hallway. 004 looked around at the same tiled floors & white walls that were always there. the rest of the kids in the facility walked out as well, all of them accompanied by guards. when they reached the dining room, the man who brought them all here was standing in front of the room.

"good morning children," dr. brenner chimed as the subjects followed saying 'good morning, doctor' all in unison. "today i will be working with 002," 004's eyes looked over to the blonde haired boy that had his hands restrained behinds his back, "007," a girl with red hair looked up from her feet as a tear slipped down her cheek, but she was quick to wipe it away before anyone could see, "012," the youngest of the kids looked at dr. brenner then back down, her hair was once in the most beautiful ringlet curls that 004 had seen until brenner cut them off, he only let the older kids grow out their hair. "& lastly, 004." the blonde haired girl's heart felt like it dropped in her stomach. "carry on."

the retched man left them as guards started handing out food as the kids found their seats. 006 sat across from 004 as his eyes met hers, "it'll be alright, just do what he says. i promise we'll be out here in no time," he whispered that last part, making sure it was only their ears the could hear it. she nodded lightly as she looked up.