44. Tarek is mine!

Start from the beginning

Tyler hesitated. "Are you aware of current business?"
Akil looked at him seriously. "You take on a lot of responsibility for someone so young."
"Do you think I'm making a mistake?"
"I think you need to separate age and wisdom from each other," Akil said thoughtfully. "You are now taking steps that we could never have taken."

Tyler watched with pleasure as Naomi and his mother enjoy themselves with the women. Together with Akil he stood by the men's section and the children ran freely between them.
"Another one?" asked Amir.
"Please," Tyler said.
The food appealed to him and the evening temperature was lovely. There was happy music and people were dancing. Tyler was asked a few times and after the third rejection Akil took his drink and dragged him himself.
Once he got rid of his shyness, he danced freely. The music was exotic and rousing. A wonderful rhythm to relax his stressed body with. The mixed drinks Akil fed him helped.

For no apparent reason, the tension in his body changed. This familiar feeling told him that, somewhere out of his sight, Jared had arrived. The music he had danced so openly and cheerfully to did not change, but the way his body moved did. Still rhythmic, but with the subtle difference that he no longer danced for himself but for him.
"Be a little more careful," Nathan said in his ear. He took him by the arm and led him to a seat.
Carefree, Tyler laughed at him. "Relax, Nathan. This is a party."
Nathan bowed to him and smelled his breath. He snorted disgruntled. "I see my father fed you drinks."
"St," Tyler said with a finger on Nathan's lips. "That's a secret."
"What's no secret is the number of eyes on you."

Tyler held back and looked at him pouting. "I'm not doing anything wrong," he said, disappointed.
Nathan turned to him in such a way that their conversation could not be heard or deflected. "It's not your words, it's your body that betrays you, Tyler."
Blue eyes speared open.
"As soon as Tarek arrived with Prince Jareed, something changed in your body language." Nathan looked at him intensely. "Even if you didn't see him, you felt he was there, didn't you? I should have known after this morning."
"Who says this isn't about Tarek?" asked Tyler defiantly.
"Because I'd kill him," Nathan said with a passion that shocked Tyler. "Tarek is mine!"
With his mouth open, Tyler picked him up. "I didn't see it coming," he said honestly.

Nathan laughed. "If you're surprised, what did you think of me? The first time Tarek kissed me, I hit him."
Breathless, Tyler took him in. "I'd love to hear your story."
"And I like yours," Nathan agreed. "But for now I have to concentrate because Tarek is staring at me with that dark look of his. I love it when he's so dominant." A gentle moan escaped his lips.
Tyler took him back in shock. "But you're definitely the top, aren't you?"
Nathan scraped his throat as if shy under his confession. "We alternate." His eyebrows bowed asking.
Tyler laughed. "Like he'd ever allow me!"
His face sank. "He broke up with me yesterday. Our last days before the wedding have been taken away from me because sir is ashamed." Tyler knew he sounded bitter, but this is how he felt.

"What if I could arrange something? A place where you could spend the night undisturbed and carefree?" asked Nathan.
In response, Tyler shrugged. "You have to ask him."
Nathan beckoned Tarek, who walked up to them with Jared.
"Good evening," Tarek greeted them. The look in his dark eyes had not lost any strength.
Tyler felt a shudder through Nathan as he leaned his knee against him. He took a look up at Jared. There was a shock through him upon seeing the black eyes full of dominant desire. Immediately he turned his gaze away and stared at the floor. "Don't look at me like that," he hissed. "I'm might give everything away."

Tarek laughed and Tyler's head shot up indignantly. "I don't have to explain to you why this is a serious matter."
Tarek shook his head. "That's right. You don't have to explain." He bowed to Nathan. A short consultation followed. Satisfied, he straightened his back.
"We're leaving in ten minutes. That gives us plenty of time to do a round and say goodbye. You're leaving now. Tyler just has to say goodbye to Uncle Amir and the family."
Despite the heat in his body, he was worried about his mother and Naomi. "What happens to my mother and sister?"
"They're going to stay here tonight. They have already been informed and are fine with it."
"Okay," said Tyler, who had to make an effort to hide his excitement. He bumped into Nathan so he could get up and follow. "Have a good night," he said loudly enough to Tarek and Jared nodding at him.

Amir was happy to see Tyler a little more cheerful and noticed this too.
"You were right, Amir. A party was exactly what I needed," Tyler said. "Thank you for allowing my family to stay with you," he added.
Amir shook his head.
"No thanks needed. Join Nathan now. He'll take care of you. See you tomorrow." After a final greeting to Akil, they left the birthday party. In the dark night, they rushed across the tarmac to a destination unknown to Tyler.
"Where are we going?" tyler asked a focused Nathan.
"To our house," he said proudly. "It used to be my home, but Tarek moved in with me two months ago." He smiled. "The journey takes about an hour. Tell me your story," he asked interested.

Tyler slumped and cleared his throat. "The first time I met Jared was in a supermarket, two days before my eighteenth birthday. He was dirty and grey under the dust and grit that made me think it was an old man. He annoyed me, but if you'd asked me why, I wouldn't have known. Just because I couldn't resist I hinted to the owner of the supermarket that he had harassed me and left the store. The next day, I ran into him again. He confronted me in the public toilets of the mall and taught me a lesson in humility
Tyler blushed.
Nathan's eyes flashed towards him. "What does that mean?"
It was the first time he talked about these things and he swallowed before he said: "That he caught me in the toilets picking up drugs and indecently frisked me." "Shit, that sounds hot," Nathan blew out.

"It's only at my birthday party that we were introduced to each other. You can imagine I wasn't happy to find out that this pervert lived next door to me and was among my mother's favorites. Our mothers figured out how great it would be if I started working in practice. It's like I was waiting to take orders from that arrogant man." His voice sounded full of old venom.
"I didn't realize where my resistance came from. I did my best to oppose him. Always offered rebuttal, didn't take anything like that. I was also his fiercest opponent when he once again established himself as a ruler."
He laughed. "As frustrating as it was at the time, it's only now that I realize how I enjoyed it. The challenge, the powerful personality. The danger of being overwhelmed by the intense feelings he unleashed in me with his lessons in humility."

"Have you ever talked about a relationship?" asked Nathan softly.
"No. Things between us have never been spoken out. I never asked him about his relationship with Fleur. Although he hurt me time and time again by showing her open affection, I never asked him to choose. Until yesterday."
His breath hitched. "He refused to touch me and I lost my cool. I asked him to choose between me and Fleur. He chose Fleur."
Tyler turned his gaze outside and rested his head on the seat belt.
"He's not free to make a choice, Tyler. You'll never know what his choice is until he's free."
"Even if I could stop the wedding, he wouldn't be free yet. In order to be with me, he will have to confess to everything and everyone that he is gay."
He looked at Nathan.
"You know how difficult and profound something like this would be. I can't ask him to do that, Nathan. I simply love him too much for that."

Tyler exhaled sighing. "What has changed everything for me is the destruction of practice. Previously, I had the illusion that as an assistant, I would be allowed to stand by his side. That we would build a working relationship and remain a part of each other's lives."
Another sigh escaped him. "Now even that pitiful future is unachievable. That's why I can act freely. Because I know whatever happens, his feelings for me will be over once the wedding is done."
"Inevitable doom?" asked Nathan.
"Something like that," Tyler admitted.
"Can I do anything for you in this?"
"Thanks for the offer, but no. Unfortunately, I'm the only one who can play this game." He knocked Nathan on the knee. "What you're doing for me now is more than I dreamed."