Chapter 24

Christmas Eve
Marcus' POV

So everything has been good since we got home. Evelyn isn't as tired and Kinsley just sleeps all day. She barely even cries unless she's really hungry or her diaper is full.

Tomorrow is Christmas Day and me and Marcus are very scared for what we are about to do. We have decided to ask Evelyn to marry us. We picked out rings a couple days before Kinsley was born and sized Evelyns finger while she was sleeping. Speak of the devil here she comes.

"Hey can we go get ice cream pleaseeeeee" Evelyn wines out as she sits on the couch next to me.

"Ask Mason" I say not looking at her knowing that if I do I'll get nervous and might say something I'm not supposed to.

"Ugh okay" she says as she jumps up and goes to the kitchen with her fingers crossed behind her back making me smile. Even with the baby Evelyn hasn't let that effect her going into little space although when Kinsley needs her she snaps right out of it.

I hear Evelyn in the kitchen talking to Mason who's cooking dinner for us all. He wants it to be special because it's Christmas Eve. I swear he went into the kitchen at 12 and hasn't come out since and it's already six.

We set up the Christmas tree a few days ago and let Evelyn put all the decorations on it. Honestly it looks really good.

"You know what daddy said" Evelyn says smiling as she comes into the living room and sitting on the couch right next to me and facing me.

"What did he say" I ask knowing he prolly told her no.

"He said you have to take me to get ice cream" she says smiling as her eyes shine with mischief.

"Oh did he really?" I say about to get up to go ask him.

"Mhm" she says as she gets up to probably go get her shoes on and check on the baby.

"I didn't tell her that" Mason says as he comes into the living room.

"I realized" I say and go to find Evelyn. I walk up the stairs and see Kinsley's bedroom door open and talking coming from inside.

"Come on Baby we have to go get ice cream" she says to Kinsley as Kinsley just giggles.

"Evelyn we aren't going to get ice cream" I say and Evelyn turns around as she picks up and cradles Kinsley while putting a pacifier in her mouth.

"Why not?" She asks as I look over Evelyn and Kinsley and see that they are both dressed and ready to go out in the cold weather. I can't help but feel a sense of pride rush through me as Kinsley plays with Evelyns fingers.
(Kinsley's outfit)

(Evelyns outfit)

(Evelyns outfit)

"We can go but we have to hurry cause I think Masons almost done with the food" I say and Evelyn smiles at me and grabs Kinsley's diaper bag but I quickly take it from her and walk out of the room and down the stairs with Evelyn hot on my heels wi...

"We can go but we have to hurry cause I think Masons almost done with the food" I say and Evelyn smiles at me and grabs Kinsley's diaper bag but I quickly take it from her and walk out of the room and down the stairs with Evelyn hot on my heels with Kinsley.

"Mason we'll be back" I yell and open the front door and walk to the car and get in the drivers seat. Evelyn gets in the back and puts Kinsley in her car seat and buckles her up then herself. I put my seat belt on and turn the car on.

"So why are we going?" Evelyn asks as I pull out of the driveway and head towards the ice cream shop.

"I thought it'd be nice of us to go somewhere even if Mason doesn't get to come" I tell Evelyn. I don't know why exactly I wanted to go maybe it was because I wanted time with them or maybe I was tired of being in the house.

"Okay" Evelyn says as she continues to play with Kinsley.

After a couple minutes we get to the ice cream shop and I turn the car off and run to help Evelyn out.

"Thank you" she says as she smiles at me and grabs Kinsley's car seat from the car. I lock and car and we walk into the ice cream shop.

"What do you want?" I ask Evelyn as she looks at all the flavors.

"How about strawberry" she smiles as she goes to a booth next to the door and sets Kinsley's car seat down.

I go up and order her strawberry and my mint chocolate chip. After a couple seconds I have our ice cream and I go to the table with it.

"Here you go" I say to Evelyn as I set her ice cream down in front of her. She smiles at me and starts to eat her ice cream.

After talking for a little bit and eating our ice cream we finish. We grab our things and I grab Kinsley and we head out the door.

We get back to find Mason setting the table. Evelyn grabs Kinsley's our of my arms and walks up the stairs to get both of them undressed and Kinsley to bed seeing as it's around 8.

After eating and talking for awhile we all head off to bed. Hopefully tomorrow doesn't get ruined by anything and everything goes to plan.