chapter 9

Mason's pov

This boy really must be stupid. He just set a piece of paper in front of Evelyn on in and it probably has his number on it from the look Marcus is sending to the paper.

Evelyn giggles and walks over to the trash can. She looks over at the counter to see the boy staring at her and then crumbles the paper up and throws it away while giggling and coming back over to us.

I'm awe struck and so is Marcus as she comes over to us and kisses us each on the cheek. I come out of my trance and so does Marcus as he grabs the bag and we walk out of McDonald's to the car.

"Can we go to the pet store now?" Evelyn says once we all get in the car and buckle up.

"As long as you eat on the way" Marcus says pulling out of McDonald's and head to the nearest pet shop.

I give Evelyn her food and she slowly eats it mainly playing with her toy. Once we reach the pet store Evelyn only eats about half of her food but we decide to let her finish it once we get home. We get out of the car with Evelyn bouncing slightly.

We enter the pet shop and Evelyn goes over to look at the little puppies in the pen in the middle of the shop.

"I want that one" Evelyn says as she points to an all white husky. A man comes out from behind the counter and grabs the husky she pointed at. Smiling at her as he hands it to her.

"Thank you" she mumbles and the man smiles and goes back around the counter.

(The puppy)

"Are you sure?" I ask her and she spins around with the puppy in her arms as she smiles and grabs my hand with hers, the one not holding up the puppy

"Are you sure?" I ask her and she spins around with the puppy in her arms as she smiles and grabs my hand with hers, the one not holding up the puppy. She slides my hand down the puppies fur and does the same with Marcus.

"Yes" she says smiling while handling me the puppy and then going over to a little box and once you get closer you can hear soft meows.

She looks around and then instantly pulls out a small white kitten.

"And this one" she says as she hands it to Marcus after petting it.

(The kitten)

"Alright go pick out some stuff for them" Marcus says smiling as Evelyn runs to the back of the store picking out a bunch of different stuff

Once she was done she put everything on the counter and then grabbed the kitten from Marcus and starts to pet it as the cashier rings up the stuff.

"Alright that'll be $300" the cashier says and Marcus grabs his wallet pulling out three hundred dollar bills.

After paying for all the stuff we head to the car and get in. Once we get in the car Evelyn switches pets with me and gives me the kitten as she takes the puppy.

"What are we going to name them?" She asks as her eyes show nothing but love and affection towards the cute puppy in her hands.

"That's up to you baby" I say to Evelyn as she turns her head to look at the kitten and then the puppy. She puts her finger to her chin and looks up like she's thinking.

"Are they boys or girls?" She asks looking at me in the eyes taking her hand from her chin and lifting up the puppy trying to let me see what his gender is.

"He's a boy princess, and the kittens a girl" i say lifting up the kitten and then sitting it in my lap where it lays down falling asleep.

"Hmm..." She says putting the puppy back in her lap as he lays his head on her lap.

"How about Luna for the kitten and... King for the boy" she says looking at the puppy and petting him.

"That sounds great little one" I tell her just as Marcus pulls into the driveway.

We all get out of the car with Marcus caring the bags and food. Once inside I set the kitten down and she instantly  walks into the house like it's her own. Evelyn sets the puppy down and he goes to the kitten and licks her. Evelyn giggles and runs to them picking them both up and running up the stairs.

"Don't run Evelyn!" Marcus yells walking into the kitchen to set everything down. After setting everything down he starts to put all the pets stuff away while putting the food on the table.

"Mason go get Evelyn" he says not looking at me as he continues to put stuff away.

I walk to Evelyn and up the stairs to find her in our room laying down with the kitten and puppy in her lap as she scrolls through the tv channels. She suddenly stops on one not knowing I was watching and her eyes widen and her mouth opens. I can't hear exactly what it is but I can hear the moans in the back ground and I instantly know that it isn't a kid friendly show.

Evelyn turns the tv down a little and then grabs the puppy and kitten covering their eyes with her hands as her eyes stay on the tv. What she did with the animals is cute but if she doesn't change the tv soon she's going to get herself in trouble.

She doesn't change the tv and continues to watch it and that's when I hear the faint music and i instantly know it's 50 shades of grey. I rush down hall and down the stairs making sure she won't hear me. I rush into the kitchen and see Marcus on his phone while eating some fries.

"Um Marcus you might want to come see this" i say and he looks up at me in confusion but gets up and follows me quietly as we head back up the stairs to where Evelyn is. I was upset over the fact she was watching porn but knowing Marcus he would be pissed. I wish you luck little one.