Chapter 12: "I'm not lying about it"

Takagi
(高木さん)

A Few Weeks Later.

I sighed in relief when our school bell rang. Finally, it's lunch time. I fixed my stuff while Mr. Tanabe left the classroom.

It's already been a few weeks and nothing weird happened lately. Well, except for the fact that Nishikata is literally avoiding me. And I don't know the reason but. . .

It saddens me...

I went outside of our classroom alone. While walking down the stairs I saw a shadow behind the wall at the end of the stairs. I slowly walked towards it. While walking near it I saw it was Nishikata.

I heard it sighed in relief. As I walk near him behind his back. I was about to tap his shoulder when he said something that made my hand stopped in mid-air.

"Good thing, Takagi-san isn't here." I heard him say not noticing that the person he's literally talking
about is right behind him.

"N-Nishikata." I mumbled. I saw his shoulders rose up. He slowly looked at me with wide eyes.

"W-Why are you avoiding me?" I asked my voice almost cracked.

"T-Takagi-san it's because.." He said then he looked directly at my eyes. "..I hate you." He mumbled but I still heard it.

Dug dug. Dug dug.

He bowed his head then walked right passed me. I unconsciously touched the left side of my chest with my right hand. Why am I getting hurt?

Why do you hate me, Nishikata?

A-And why do I feel like something is breaking? Even only the sound of my heartbeat is the only thing I can hear. W-What's happening to me?

Why am I so affected?

***

Nishikata
(西片くん)

I looked at Takagi-san while Mr. Tanabe is discussing. She looks so sad. There's even a sad aura around her.

I'm sorry, Takagi-san.

I--I didn't really noticed you behind me that time until you mumbled my name. I didn't meant what I said to you earlier. Well the truth is. . .it was half-meant.

You know where half of it says, I really do hate you. While the other one says. . .there's another thing,another reason why I was really avoiding you..

Yeah and that's where you will include the--You like her part--..

Tss. Shut up conscience!

Do you--you know, have any plans of confessing to her?

And end up like Raku? No. I don't even think I will say my true feelings towards her. I looked at Takagi-san.

Let's just. Let it stay this way. . .

But that means, she'll only know that you hate her--

Exactly.

Tss! You're such a stupid person,Nishikata!