Chapter 10: "Gonna know if I really do like her"

Nishikata
(西片くん)

The Next Day.

I am now walking on the streets to our school.

'Sqqueeeekkk'

I stopped when I suddenly felt like I stepped on something and when I heard a weird noise. Huhu! Please not that dog again or better yet. . .Please not that carrot--thing again T-T.

I slowly looked down to my foot. I took a step backwards to completely see what it look like.

I-It's a potato. Eh? I slowly picked it up and squeezed it. I sighed when I found out it was just a toy. Hmm. . .good thing it's not that carrot anymore.

'Meeeooooowwww'

I looked at my side to where the sound came from and I saw a cat sitting on the wall beside me.

I started to get nervous. W-What if it's just like what happened before? You know the carrot and the dog? B-But now it's the potato and the cat. Waahhh! :;(∩´﹏'∩);:.

I gripped the potato in my right hand tightly.

'Meeeeoooowww'.

Then I breathed in and breathed out. "H-Here you go, M-mister C-cat." I said as I nervously put the toy potato beside the cat.

'Meeeoooowww' ฅ'ω'ฅ

The cat just looked at me innocently. I sighed in relief when I realized that it has no intentions of killing me. . .unlike the dog (-__-).

I happily skipped on the streets while smiling. I even noticed that there are other people staring at me. Oh well, I don't care for now. I'm just happy that I didn't got killed today! \(*´︶'*)/

'Grrrrr!--Meeeooww!!'

(⊙Д⊙。)

I stopped skipping. Then, I nervously bowed my head.

There. I saw a cat sitting infront of me. B-But there is one slight problem. T-The cat. This black cat. . .is in a position just like the dog. But the only difference is that. IT WANTED TO SCRATCH ME!!

'MEEEEOOOW!!' ฅ'へ'ฅ

It suddenly jumped to me. But me, Nishikata. . .the secret ninja in disguised. Swayed to the left so it can't hit me. B-But what I did just made it even more worse. Wahhhh!! 〣( πΔπ )〣.

Its paws suddenly moved. It was like motioning me to fight him. I CAN'T BELIEVE A CAT IS LITERALLY MOTIONING ME TO FIGHT HIM! Uggghh..W-What kind of cat is this?