𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄.

EPILOGUE!

REMEMBERING THE FALLEN

DEAR EMORI,

I honesty still feel silly when I write these notes knowing that you'll never read them but I have to get these thoughts out somehow. I've been doing a bit better than the last time I wrote to you, I moved into District Twelve with my family surprisingly. Despite the fact part of me still blames Katniss for what happened, I need some extra support.

We lost Finnick who was probably the next best person in my life behind you and it hit hard. Katniss also lost her sister who in reality, was the whole reason behind this in the first place. She's gotten a little better but I know it still weighs down on her mind — much like you do on mine.

Anyway, I don't like to make these to sappy just in case somebody comes by and reads them — you'd probably slap me for some of the emotional thoughts I have when it comes to you anyway.

Until next time,

Reed.

The boy gently folds the letter and places it beside the grave, a small smile appearing on his face as he skims his fingers over her name. The small rose he'd picked for her lays beside his letter and as he clutches the second flower, he moves his gaze to the grave beside hers. Her brother's name is engraved upon its surface — similar to the way her's is. He places the flower down and turns around, walking away from the site with a heavy heart.

Reed heads back to his home, laughing as his little sister launches herself at him so that she can give him a hug. His mother and father are sitting in the kitchen with each other doing an old crossword puzzle as gentle music flows through the air. Out of the corner of his eye, he can see Peeta and Katniss walking down the street with their newborn baby — the first of their children. He lifts his hand in a wave and they return it, happy to see him.

"Did you go and visit Emori?" His sister asks and he nods his head. "How is she?"

He smiles softly at her naive question and kisses her forehead gently. "She's ok. Her and her brother are having fun together," The boy says.

"With the stars?"

"Always,"

The boy carries her inside and sits down across from their parents who greet him with heartwarming smiles. As the time passes, he watches as his family reacts in a way they never could have before. Their smiles are genuine and their interactions are wholesome — there's no talk of death or fear of the games. Instead, they get to live a happy life. A life where none of that worries them anymore.

A life he wishes Emori and her family got to have. A life that he knows she always wanted — he's made it a reality. He's living the life she should have and whilst it hurts his heart, it also brings him a sense of joy knowing that she's watching him with a smile on her face.

A smile so full of happiness and content as she watches the boy she loves live his life the way she always wanted. A life that revenge never would have granted her, one that she never would've gotten to have regardless.

A life that once seemed like such a far away dream, now a true reality. A reality that he gets to live everyday without her by his side but he knows she's there — up with the stars like her brother had always told her about.

THE END.