𝐯𝐢. 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐢𝐞𝐰𝐬

CHAPTER SIX.

INTERVIEWS

INTERVIEWS.

THE PRIVATE TRAINING SESSION IS SOMETHING SHE HAS NEVER BEEN CONFIDENT WITH. Having the Game Makers standing up there watching her makes her feel uneasy. Now as she stands in the room before them with her throwing knives in her hands, she can feel their stares. Many of them had been around when she went in their the first time but there were some distinct changes. Plutarch Heavensbee being the main one.

"Miss Hadley, you have three minutes to show your chosen skill," Plutarch speaks to the small blonde who nods her head.

She walks over to the target and throws the knives effortlessly, the blade embedding itself into the centre of each of them. It's nothing they haven't seen before, they would've seen it the year before with Clove. It doesn't bother her though, the lower the score, the better for her. She throws a few more and then looks up at them waiting to be dismissed.

When Plutarch nods, she turns and walks out, leaving them to themselves. The other tributes watch her as she walks by, Finnick giving her a small wink and Reed a smile. She doesn't even spare the District Twelve victors a glance, her conversation with Haymitch still present in her mind.

Later that evening, she sits on the couch with Brutus and Enobaria as they await the results from the private training. She isn't surprised at Cashmere and Gloss' high scores no is she surprised when she receives a nine herself. She didn't expect anything more in reality. They watch as they go on, a small smile coming onto her face when Reed gets a ten. However she cannot help but laugh when both Katniss and Peeta receive twelves. After witnessing how bad he was when it came to throwing knives, she's surprised he got that high. 

"I hate these stupid interviews," Emori grumbles as she looks at herself in the mirror

"I hate these stupid interviews," Emori grumbles as she looks at herself in the mirror. Her stylist was a nice woman by the name of Flora — she had been her stylist in her first games as well and by the sounds of it, her brother's last year. The way she speaks highly of the boy and his strong nature makes her smile slightly.