2

The drive to my new placement was quite. Only the sound of classical music filled the car. She turned it down and looked at me before going back at the road. "Look, I thought we talked about this. You have been traveling so much. Too much for a kid your age." she said. 

"Is anything okay in your life? You've been kicked out of every placement I put you in. Just look at you. You changed over the past month." she added to her rant. "Look, I want you to try with this placement and if someone adopts you, then I want you to try to live a normal life with them. Treat them like they are your birth family," she said. I looked at her then back out the window. 

She stopped at a curve. "I need you to promise me something. You will give this to an adopted parent that you trust. That will mean that you found a home that you never want to give up." she said as she handed me a key chain of an owl. 

I looked at it in my hand

I looked at it in my hand. "I know that somewhere out there, there is someone that you will give that too," she said as she started to drive again. "What if I don't find a family?" I asked. I looked at her. "Well, then you have something to remind you of me. I hope that you will find a family, Sky. Or a placement that loves you for you. For you white hair and pale skin." she said. I smiled and nodded. 

"Can you promise me that you will give that keychain to someone?" She asked. I looked at her than the owl. "I promise." I made her smile by saying that. At least she can smile. I get put in more homes than most kids. I've even counted all of them. In my thirteen years of being on this planet, I've been in twenty-five different placements. I also have been adopted twelve times. Every person has given up on me or doesn't like me for the person I am. 

Five of them is when I turned into this white-haired beast. "We're here," she said as she pulled into a driveway of a three-story house that looks like a billionaire bought it. Make that twenty-six placements. "Try not to send these people running for the hills," she said as she parked her car. I nodded and unbuckled my seat belt. 

I climbed out of the car and walked to the back to get my things. Once I got them I turned around to see a black car on the other side of the street. The driver was sitting there, staring at me. "Skylar, are you ready to meet your new foster parents?" my social worker asked. I nodded and turned around. 

She had already closed the back of the car for me. I followed her up to the double-glass door entrance. She rang the doorbell. A girl with black hair who looks around ten years old opened the door for us. "Mom, they're here! You can come inside." the girl said to us. I walked into the home. 

The girl closed the door behind us before walking off. The main part of the house looked fancy. "Hi, you must be Skylar. I'm Joan, your new foster mom." a lady said as she walked up to us. "It's so nice to meet you," she said holding out her hand. "Sorry, she doesn't like touching other people unless she's okay with it." my social worker said. 

Joan nodded as she looked at her. "Thanks for bringing her here. Will you call us if anything comes up?" Joan asked. "Sure thing. Bye, Sky." My social worker said before she walked out of the house leaving me here with these people. 

"So, let me introduce you to the family," Joan said. I nodded and followed her into the house more. The whole house looks like a rich family was living in it. It made me feel small and poor, just standing there. "You already meet Abby," Joan said. I looked to see the girl that was the one that answered the door. 

That's when  boy walked into the room. "That's Eric," Joan said. "Joan, is she here?" a voice asked from the top of the stairs. That's when a man with black hair came into view. "Hi, Skylar. I'm Jared, your foster dad." the man said. 

I gave him a small smile. "Come on. Let me show you your room." Joan said. I nodded and followed her up the stairs. 

*Blaine's View*

"Okay, so let me get this right. She is a foster kid and she just went into another placement." I said into my phone to a worker of mine; Julien Dupont. I sighed as I tried to think of a plan. "How do you think she was turned? I mean she's a preteen that is in the system." Julien said. "I don't know. She was in the shop today with a lady. The lady walked out and came back in all happy." I said. 

"She was wearing a hat at first then the lady ripped it off showing her white hair. I put the pieces together. Then before than left the lady said something about a new placement." I said. "So, you don't even know if she is a zombie," Julien said. "That's right, but this kid looks like she's been through so much," I said. "What are you going to do boss?" 

I thought some more. "I think I'm going to pay a visit to a friend of mine in City hall. See what he can do about an idea I have. You can head home. She doesn't need some zombie stalking her." I said before I hung up. I took a breath before I walked out of the shop. When I thought everything was good then this kid comes along. I have to know if she is a zombie. If so then I have to find out who did that to a kid. God, why am I all fatherly to this kid!