Chapter 22: Girlfriend things

Start from the beginning

"We could have talked at a different time." Lila said

"Nah. Nows a good time, I didn't want to go to my class." He said, lifting himself up on the tree.

"Why are you climbing a tree? Couldn't we have just sat on the floor?"

"Because I like the view and the floor is damp because of the morning sprinklers." He said sitting, "now come on up."

"But what if there's ants?"

"Swipe them off."

"I dont think I'm tall enough." she said looking up.

Nathan shook his head, "Jesus Lila, grab onto that branch and pull yourself up, I'll help you."

"Ok fine." She pulled herself up as much as she could,

"Here grab my hand." Nathan said.

"If I fall...."

"You won't fall I got you." Nathan said reassuringly

Lila grabbed Nathan's outstretched hand and he pulled her up to sit on the tree.

"Thank goodness I'm wearing jeans and not a skirt today." Lila said, dusting her pants.

"Okay so what changed your mind about the whole fake dating thing?" Nathan asked.

"Well....it turns out that jason is really set on trying to get on my good graces and I want nothing to do with him anymore. So maybe this whole deal can show him that I've moved on."

"Have you?"

"Have I what?"

"Moved on."Nathan said

Lila looked at the school, avoiding his gaze. "Yes and no. Yes because for once, I know my worth, I know what I deserve in a relationship, and he won't ever treat me the way I deserve to be treated. But no, because part of me still misses the good times. It's stupid but I'll get over it."

Nathan nodded. "It's not stupid, missing the good times..."
"....Look, I don't know what exactly went down with you and Alice but when we were together, it wasn't all so bad. I think that.....Sometimes it's good to hold onto the good memories, makes me feel a little better."

Lila nodded in agreement. "True."

They sat together in silence for a couple minutes. Lost in thought.

"So um, how should we do this?" Lila said, breaking the silence.

"Well, I guess we just act like a couple in public, I'll do boyfriend things like walk you to class and stuff."

"And I'll do girlfriend things."

"Exactly."

"Well if we're gonna pull this off we need to come up with a good lie. And get our stories straight." Lila said.

"Okay right. So um....hmm" Nathan said rubbing his chin.

"Um let's say that you helped me with my car,"

"Like that day it rained?" Nathan asked

"Yeah, we can use that day, and I'll just say that's the day I felt an attraction to you or something."

Nathan nodded "Okay sounds good. What about boundaries? Like who can we tell the truth to? How public are we? How far do we go?"

"Um we can tell our closest friends, a limit of two friends, ones who will keep a secret."

"Okay that's fair."

"As for how far we go...." Lila said looking away.

"Umm hows this, minor kissing, like quick pecks, holding hands, and I guess hugging in public like the cafeteria or something."

Lila thought about it for a moment. "Okay that's fine..but Uh... i might not be use to that sort of stuff so.....just know that i might react shocked at times ya'know?"

"It's fine no pressure. We can do this at your pace."

Lila nodded. "Okay cool,"

"OH!" Lila said loudly, making Nathan jump in surprise.

"What?"

"Don't give me flowers. If you plan to be romantic, I want ice cream instead."

"Why? I thought flowers were romantic?"

"Sure it can be but they die fast and I'd enjoy ice cream better than flowers." Lila said.

Nathan chuckled. "Okay fine. Ice cream it is. What flavor?"

"Anything but pistachio."

**********************

Hello lovely readers! At last a new update! I'm sorry for the delay. As you probably know, there has been so much going on in our world, this virus pandemic is so crazy. All of my classes have been moved to online classes and, I absolutely refuse to leave my house unless I have to. I hope you all are well and healthy.

With that being said, Please Stay Indoors! I know some people love going out but please don't put yourself or others at risk.

I'm here for anyone if they need someone to talk to.

Until next time, xoxo