"How'd that work out for you?" Bucky asked. 

America shrugged and motioned to her stomach. "Three months in," she said with a bright grin and I smiled, locking her in a hug. 

"Congrats, guys. I'm so happy for you," I said. 

"You deserve this," Bucky said. 

"Thanks," Steve said. "Oh, Sam?" 

He came up to us. "Yeah?" he asked. 

"We got you something." Steve reached down and picked up a circular package that I hadn't noticed until that moment. He took off the cover to reveal his shield, brand new and shiny. Sam's eyes widened as Steve held out the shield. 

"W-What..." he started, but nothing else came out. 

"I want you to have it, Sam," Steve said. Sam turned to Bucky and me and we both nodded, letting Sam know it was totally fine. "Take it." 

Sam slowly slid his arm through the straps and held up the shield, sticking out his chest with pride in his eyes. 

"How does it feel?" Steve asked. 

"Like it's someone else's," Sam answered. 

"It isn't," Steve replied.

Sam smiled. "Thank you," he said. "I'll do my best." 

"That's why it's yours," America said with a smile. She turned to Steve. "Wanna go home?" 

He smiled. "Yeah, let's go," he said. 

"You guys coming?" Mer asked us. 

I looked over my shoulder and saw Lyra was playing catch with Morgan, Peter Parker and Clint Barton's kids. "No, we're gonna stay for a bit," I replied. 

"Okay, we'll see you later," Steve said. He held out a hand for his wife and she took it. The two of them travelled to Steve's Harley Davidson and clambered on. With a final wave, they disappeared from our sight. 

"Hey, guys," a new voice spoke up and I turned around, seeing Pepper Potts standing in front of us. 

"Pepper, hey," Bucky said, greeting her with a smile. "I just want to say sorry again, for your loss. How are you holding up?" 

She swallowed thickly. "We're getting by. Thank you," she said before turning to me. "I wanted to thank you for coming. It means a lot to us." 

I tried to smile, but instead, a wave of tears pooled my eyes. I pulled Pepper in a hug. "I'm so sorry," I said softly. "I'm so so sorry." 

"It's okay," she whispered, pulling back. Her eyes were bloodshot but I could see the strength. "Your daughter gave my daughter's day a little bit of happiness. I am more than grateful for that."

"Maybe they could meet up again soon, if that's okay with you, of course," I suggested.

She smiled softly. "I'd like that," she said, nodding. "I should head back. It was nice talking to you." 

"Hang in there, Pepper. We'll see you soon," Bucky said. She walked away and I let out a shivering sigh. "You okay, doll?" 

I wrapped my arms around his middle and looked up at him. I couldn't believe this was my life. I was married to my childhood best friend and the love of my life. My brother had finally found true happiness and love after all these years and I had a niece or nephew on the way. I had a wonderful daughter who had brought so much joy and peace to my life. HYDRA was gone from my mind and someday, I might be able to say that the guilt was gone too. 

"Yeah, I'm okay," I said and this time, I meant it. 

★★★★★★
THE END
★★★★★★

Hi everyone! This is it. The end of Winter Warrior. I'm so sad it's over but I'm also really happy with how it turned out. This has been one of my favourite books to write and I can't stretch it enough how much I fell in love with the Captain America movies. I had so much fun creating Anna and building her relationships with Steve and Bucky and the others was such a fun process. 

Although this is the end of the story doesn't mean more content won't be posted. With the release of The Falcon and The Winter Soldier, I have decided to write a sequel for this book! I'm so excited for you to read it because I've got some really fun ideas that I hope you'll really like :) You can find the cover for the new book below!

I want to thank wildflowersandink for the amazing collab we did! Having America in my book was such an honour and I hope we can do something like this again in the future! 

I also want to thank every single one of you that read, voted and commented on this book, I saw every one of you and I hope you enjoyed this amazing journey! I'd love to know your thoughts and as always, I love you all and thank you for reading! ❤