002

Eleven Where Are You?

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Jordan's POV

Silence.

There was Nothing but silence. A silence that pierced my ears and left me shivering.

I felt light as a feather as my tiny fingers rubbed at my saddened eyes. I was so cold and it felt like my whole being needed rest but somehow I still felt as though I had something I had never before known.

Freedom.

The world seemed to slow around me as I stood staring into the starry night sky, watching as they twinkle and shine, glittering the sky.

Taunting me. As if to say they are so close yet so far out of my reach, a reminder that no matter how far I've come I could never truly be free. As if I didn't already know.

My sister always told me to 'reach for the stars' and I tried to, well as much as I could stuck in a lab. I really, really tried, but I was let down every time i did.

From as long as I could remember, I constantly doubted I would get anywhere in my life nor did I think I would survive long enough to see myself grow into someone.

I didn't know what I wanted to be and I still don't but I didn't believe I could reach for the highest star. My freedom.  Much like most of my life I was prepared for that disappointment, well that was, until now. And I was terrified. I had no clue what to expect, absolutely no idea what was to come and that was horrifying.

I turned my head towards the small sleeping body beside me; watching as eleven scrunched up in to a ball. She looked to be in a deep sleep and If I'm being honest I wondered what she's was dreaming about, I wondered if she was scared, I wondered if she knew i was.

What if I wake up tomorrow morning and see that I'm back I'm my cold, dark room? What would I do? What could I do? And a that moment, for a number of reasons, I couldn't help but envy the look of peace on her face because I knew as to her, we had won.

To Eleven, We had made it out of the lab, stolen back our freedom, not that we really knew what that was, but we had escaped everything we hated about our lives. Everything could only get better. But somewhere, deep down, I knew better than that. I should've have known better than that. This was the calm before the storm and I was beginning to feel as though something was bound to happen and it wasn't going to be good.

Turning away from Eleven, I shifted to stare back at the star lined sky. My mind wondered far, far away as I thought about everything that had happened in the last day.

Everything that had directly changed the course of my life. I thought of everything from Cameron, to papa, to our near miss of an escape. We had just about managed to get away from the guards, and I knew if we were a second slower we would have never made it out. I don't know what would've have happened, in fact I shivered thinking about it because I knew we were so close, yet so far.