Terror and Tea at Two AM

(Harmony's POV)

"HEY!"

   The two men turned to me.

   "I'll stay with the Master and Alastiere. Take Haven home where she will be safe." As the words left my lips I was only praying this was best.

   "Are you sure darling?" the Doctor said sweetly.
   My eyes stayed down still feeling the guilt in my decision.

   "I'm sure." I answered.

   Alastiere' s eyes lit up, so happy that I was staying. What surprised me was the smile on the Master's face. He was happy, like he had won a game against the Doctor.

   "See, even she doesn't want to travel with you. At least she has a brain in her head." The Master giggled.

   "I'm not staying because of you. I'm trying to keep everyone safe! " I snapped.

   The Master's eyes went wide and Alastiere tried to hold in a laugh. He must have never heard someone sass the Master before.

   I hugged my friend a final time, holding her close, I was hoping this would all work out. After we parted I walked up to the Doctor.

   "Take care of her." I said.

   "You have my word," he told me.

   I wrapped him in a hug as well. The Doctor bent down so I could put my arms around his neck.

   "Sorry for kneeing you in the crotch," I said.

   "No need to apologize darling." Lines appeared in the corners of his eyes as he smiled.

   Haven gave me a look of disapproval. I heard a snort from behind me.

   The Master giggled. "You kneed him in the... Oh! This is too wonderful!"

   The Doctor shook his head and looked at Haven. "Ready to go love?"

   Haven nodded, and the two walked out the front door. I watched them walk down the small dirt path. The last thing I saw before shutting the door was the Doctor putting an arm around my friend and placing a kiss on the top of her head.

   I turned back to the men. Suddenly I felt light-headed and started to stumble. The exhaustion hit me like a ton of bricks. I felt a hand steady me.

   "Woah, there, why don't you go to bed. You've had a big day," the Master cooed.

   Is he actually being kind to me?

   He led me to my room. Alastiere followed right behind us. The Master pulled the blankets down and helped me to sit on the bed.

   "Get some rest," he said as he shut the door slightly.

   I would have been shocked by his actions, but I quickly drifted off to sleep.

   Unknown to me, on the other side of my door Alastiere was smiling as he looked at the Master watching me sleep through a crack in the door. The Master turned to the young Time Lord.

   "Will you get off it. I don't like having her here," the Master said more to himself.

    Alastiere grinned. "I'm not saying anything."

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・'*゚ *'・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・**・゜゚・*

I could feel the puppets clawing at my skin.

   I woke up, my heart racing. I let out a small shriek, seeing not a puppet on my bed, but Peppercorn. I was relieved, but that dream scared me to death. My trembling hand pet the BangleFray. I tried to calm my breathing.