The Betrayal: The Phantom, The Templar, and The Rise of Hullabaloo [PART 5]

"For the forest! Aaaaaaaarrgghhh!" Ulfsaar charged overpoweringly towards the ancient beast. Aiushtha, Mireska, and Mortred aided him.

He straightaway launched his claws on the beast, only again to be deflected by the protective force around it.

"Hold him down!" He ordered.

"With pleasure!" Mireska entangled Roshan in her bramble maze and placed a cursed crown on it. Aiushtha aimed and threw her empowered spear at the beast's knee the moment it broke free. Mortred threw her stifling dagger, hitting its eyes.

Roshan ululated as the cursed crown exploded on his head. He swung his humongous hands towards them, sending them flying back. But Ulfsaar succumbs to his ancient spirit, causing him to grow and glow red. He hastily charged towards Roshan. His movements were quicker, and his attacks were stronger than before. Roshan stood no chance against the Ursa Warrior.

Aiushtha noticed her Fae friend, Mireska immobilized. She quickly called upon her Nature's Attendants to heal her. Meanwhile, Mortred saw an opening. Roshan tumbled down to the ground. Ulfsaar leaps into the air and slams the earth. Mortred quickly grabbed a dagger and blinked over Roshan, delivering a devastating critical strike.

His tainted blood covered the soil. And the ancient beast finally fell down.

Ulfsaar simmered down and had stopped glowing red. He looked at Mortred with relief.

"You have fought well, stranger." He complimented her.

"Likewise." She replied.

They stared at each other for a brief moment, before Ulfsaar went to his wounded friends.

"Fuzzy Wuzzy!" Aiushtha exclaimed in glee as the warrior sat beside them. "Come get healed!"

"Ah, the forest seems brighter with you here, my friend." He said in a beefy, soft voice. "The forest is safe once more, thanks to everyone who helped."

"Huh. I thought you'd be fluffier." Mireska teased him. Jex was laughing inside his cage.

"Oh, you should've seen my wife." He sarcastically replied. All three broke out with laughter.

"Oh, where'd she left off to?" Mireska asked.

"Awwwwww, I was fawned of her." Aiushtha pouted.

Ulfsaar looked back at Mortred, but she was gone...along with the ancient's head.

***

The moon once again lit up the night sky as the whole forest fell into a deep slumber. It was peaceful. Too peaceful.

All of a sudden, a teleportation circle appeared in the sky, and from it fell the book thief from the hidden sanctum. She splashed into the river and swam to dry land. She was exhausted. Her mana had been drained.

Lanaya laid down the grass, catchingher breath, as she stared at the full moon. Then she remembered the book she borrowed from the hidden sanctum. As shegrabbed for the book, she heard movements from behind her. She carefully lookedaround, until she heard growling from the shadows and saw a pair of glowingeyes behind the bushes.

To be continued...

A/N: Sorry for the late update ( ;-;) (LOL 1 year?! Seriously?!) More chapters coming int he future! (ÒvÒ)

Also, I hope you guys are doing okay. Stay safe, and wash your hands properly.