The Warrior and The Princess [PART 1]

It was a peaceful night. The moon and the stars were out in the night sky. The luminous flowers beside the river were dancing with the cool night breeze. The crickets, frogs, the sound of the river, and the cute little laughter of the pixies filled the silence. The creatures in the forest were sleeping soundly. Except for one.

She was considered as one of the strongest warriors. She's known for her bravery, her pride, her unmatched skills in battle, and her fierce companion that was believed to be a gift from a goddess.

She stopped by the river after a long journey.

"You must be thirsty, Nova." she said, unmounting her pet. "Let's stop and rest here for a while. Go on. Drink some of the river's water."

She remover her helmet and washed her face with the river's water then drank from it. Their thirst was quenched. One by one, she removed her armor, showing the battle scars all over her body, and washer herself in the river. But it wasn't for long when she decided to come out. She put on a clothing and sat with her pet under a tree, looking above the peaceful night sky. Just as when she was about to sleep she heard something move from the bushes not far away from her.

She grabbed her shield and glaive.

"Who's there?" she asked. But no one answered.

Her senses were very keen. Her eyes rolled all over the place, trying to see who ever made that sound, but she could see nothing. Then she heard a snap of branches. Swiftly, she threw her glaive in the direction where the sound came from. It came back to her like a boomerang.

"Show yourself!"

This time, she heard it running. It jumped out from behind her. She turned around and blocked an arrow with her shield. She threw her glaive again. But as soon as she hit it, it vanished in the air.

"What the... An illusion?"

A large shadow cast upon her. She looked above, and there she saw it. She used her glaive but it disappeared again. She saw something glittered inside the forest shade. She raised her shield but it was too quick.

"Aaaargh!" she grunted as the arrow pierced her left shoulder.

She tried to pull it out, enduring the pain. But she was hit by another arrow on her chest. She stumbled onto the ground. Her head began to hurt and her vision became deteriorated. She tried to move but her whole body was paralyzed. She heard footsteps coming towards her. It stopped and the black figure stared down at her. Her eyelids became heavy.

Then, everything went black.